PS3 Firmware 2.50, PSP 5.00 Coming October 15 CONFIRMED
A Community Team Leader for the Official PlayStation EU forums has confirmed that PS3 FW 2.50, and PSP FW 5.00 will be released tomorrow.
MusterBuster a community team leader writes:
Announcing PS3 v2.50 and PSP v5.00 System Software Updates.
The next system software updates for both the PLAYSTATION 3 and PSP will be available tomorrow! Here’s a quick rundown of the great new features that we’ll be able to enjoy from 15 October 2008:
PS3 System Software version 2.50
- Improved Official Bluetooth Headset wireless headset support, including an on-screen indicator that shows volume, battery charge, and mute functions.
- Bluetooth Headset Wireless headset High Quality (HQ) mode, which utilises advanced wireless technologies and the headset’s dual-microphone design to enable clear and wide-band wireless voice communication with PS3 system.
- An in-game screenshot capture tool – titles that support the feature will be announced in the future.
- PS3 Trophies user interface enhancement – When players acquire a Trophy, the in-game notification will now include the specific Trophy icon created by the developer, while more intuitive options for comparing Trophies with friends have been added, including an icon to represent each Trophy level.
- Video – Video scene search functionality will provide thumbnails to help you find a particular scene in a video more easily.
- Information Board – The Information Board will be able to include direct links to PlayStation Store, making it easier for PS3 owners to download content that they read about on the Information Board.
- Power save – PS3 owners will have the option to automatically shut-off their console or controllers after pre-selected periods of inactivity.
- Flash 9 content becomes supported on the Internet Browser.
PSP System Software version 5.00
- Direct PlayStation Store access to the system – PSP owners will be able to download games, demos, trailers, and other game-related content anytime and anywhere that their PSP is connected to the Internet via Wi-Fi – no PC or PS3 required.
- On-screen keyboard – A full-size, on-screen keyboard will be added to make text entry during Web browsing easier and more convenient.
- Sleep timer – During music playback, a sleep timer will enable users to shut off their PSP after a specified amount of time.
- Video-out – The PSP-2000’s video-out feature will be able to display PlayStation format software (classics titles) at the full-screen size of the TV that the PSP is connected to; the feature will also support interlace displays.