Trophy Guide – LittleBigPlanet: Metal Gear Solid Level Pack
In what could only be called as one of the greatest mashups of two completely different genres of games, the Metal Gear Solid Level Pack for LittleBigPlanet has expanded the game we love to something even more. Adding new trophies, new levels and most importantly a special powerup, the Paintinator. The Metal Gear Solid Level Pack is worth the price of admission. Not only is the Level Pack enjoyable for MGS fans but also for non MGS fans as you attempt to destroy the Trophy Level Machine that Liquid Ocelot has built.
QuickFire Artiste (Bronze): Fire 40 paintballs in under 5 seconds
– You can get this as soon as you get your first paintball gun. Get the controller into a comfortable position so that you can quickly tap the R1 button. Don’t aim at anything, just shoot. Keep shooting until you get it.
Rexecutioner (Bronze): Destroy the Metal Gear REX boss
– Destroy Metal Gear REX in act 5. REX has 4 phases in which you will need to deplete a paint gauge in each one. All of his attacks can easily be dodged.
Ace Act 3 and Act 4 (Bronze): Ace Act 3: The Mission and Act 4: The Level Factory
– Acing Acts 3 and 4 is not all that difficult. For Act 3 try to take all the enemies out from range as to minimize risk of being hit. For Act 4 the hardest part is the elevator ride. Don’t try to push anything. You are safe from all turret fire when you jump into the background. When the coast is clear jump out and get a good line for shots and keep jumping in and out of the background until all enemies are dispatched.
Ace Act 5: The Boss (Bronze): Ace Act 5: The Boss
– Again Acing the level is not all that hard. Just be sure to take your time and not take any unnecessary risks. All attacks can easily be avoided if you know whats coming.
Paint Splurge (Bronze): Fire 5,000 paintballs
– If you continuously fire paintballs you should get this by the end of Act 5. However, you can stand in safe spot and continuously fire paintballs until you get this if you want to grind at it.
Virtual Survivor (Silver): Achieve a score of 3,750 in the VR Survival Challenge
– You’ll unlock the VR Survival in Act 4 by shooting the first ‘hidden’ diamond and collecting the key near the end. 3,750 is by no means an easy score to achieve alone. However there is something that will make this quite easy, play it multiplayer as all the players scores will be added together to get the final score. Four players can completely decimate the cannons, the ground guards and can work up a decent combo. It’ll should only take 3-4 phases if you are playing four players
Diamond Hunter (Bronze): Destroy the 5 hidden target diamonds in Act 4: The Level Factory
– The locations for the diamonds are as follows:
- Right at the beginning to your right.
- At the second platform that you must shoot to get it to drop down, there is a ledge to the left that you can jump onto. Make your way onto that edge then jump to the ledge above the platform you just rode up on. The second diamond will be all the way to the right.
- This is in the area with the tank and the two things that pop down and shoot two shots. The diamond is in the small alcove between the two drop down shooters.
- When you reach the launcher, stop. Immediately before the launcher there is a small ledge that you can hop on to reach a higher ledge. The diamond is to the far right.
- At the launcher, wait for it to reach its lowest point before you hop on. You’ll land on small area with the last diamond.
Speedy Rexecutioner (Silver): Destroy the Metal Gear REX boss in under 2 mins 30 seconds
– This one can be fairly tough on your own. You’ll need to take out the first three phases in one turn each and be quick with the last phase. If you have 4 players this becomes much easier.
Thrifty Painter (Bronze): Complete Act 3: The Mission firing less than 125 paintballs
– This can be tough if you don’t know how to go about it. First, don’t play this multiplayer as everybody’s shots count toward this. There is actually only one enemy that you must destroy, which is the first turret. All other ground turrets can be bypassed by jumping over them, which can be tough in a couple places as you’ll also need to avoid their shots. As for the tanks, you can jump into the background and wait for them to pass you and jump out behind them, you actually don’t have to destroy a single tank. You’ll need to take five shots to lower the platforms to get over the fire pit. When you come to the boss try to take conservative shots at first until you take out phase one. For phase two unload on the front from close range until it’s almost dead then start being a bit more conservative as to not waste shots when it’s almost finished. If your aim was decent during the boss you should get the Trophy.
METAL GEAR SOLID Booty Master (Bronze): Collect all of the METAL GEAR SOLID prize bubbles
– This is much like the Booty Master Trophy in the original game, except much easier. The most commonly missed bubbles are the ones in Act 3 at the fire pit with the platforms you must shoot to lower, which can be found by lowering the second platform and jumping onto the ledge and entering the slightly hidden area with a few bubbles.
Paint Sharer (Bronze): Publish a level containing the METAL GEAR SOLID Paintinator Powerup
– It’s as simple as it sounds. Put the Paintinator into a level and publish it.