PS Home – Game Launching, Leaderboards, New Spaces & More
TSA has discovered some more details. It looks like home is going to be really shaping up into the service we were looking for and much more. It looks like they have something special cooking up for Valentines day.
- A proverbial boatload of game spaces – including spaces for Warhawk, SOCOM, Resistance, and many, many more (we’ll announce more spaces in the coming weeks)…
- Of course, you’re all aware of the EA Sports Complex. But let’s just say that is coming sooner rather than later. And it’s cooler than you imagined.
- These spaces will usher in the next phase of Home. They will begin to utilize this uber-powerful platform’s true capabilities. We’re talking unlocking items in the games you play from Home (and vice versa), mini-games that take full advantage of the Sixaxis controller, game launching integration. The whole shebang!
- We also have leaderboards. Huzzah!
- You can also count on tons of apartments and clubhouses that boast increasingly interactive environments. These spaces are freakin’ awesome. You’re going to love ‘em.
- Picture frames are coming back. We’re not giving a solid date at this time, but suffice to say you will have them very, very soon.
- You’ll have more music, more regularly. And, yes, there will be all different styles (this means that all of you rockers can rejoice!)
- You’ll have a bigger Theater, and it will be full of videos (and not just trailers either).
- You’ll be able to customize your avatar with more gear – and this stuff is hot. Oh, and there are tons of options for the girls as well. We’re not forgetting about you.
- And, to top it all off, we’re gonna be throwing tons of parties, contests, and other events in Home (including a special event to coincide with Valentine’s Day. It’s going to be a killer event). The prizes will be bigger and better than ever before. If you haven’t participated in anything we’ve done before, we’re sure you will now.