God of War III GameInformer Rumors [Update]
With all of the information being promised this week, it was sure to lead to a few rumors coming about. A well-informed poster at GameFaqs has some information from the GameInformer expose.
- Unlike God of War 1 and 2 where there are only 15 enemies on screen, there will now be around 50 this time.
- You can ride monsters like the Cyclops and “control”.
- Kratos on the PS2 used 5,000 polygons, now he uses 20,000.
- They made the weapons “better” so it adds more variety, for example with a different weapon, you don’t get just a couple different attacks, but a whole different play style.
- The lion gauntlets are called Cestus.
- Enemy AIs are a lot smarter. Some of the enemies will be “commanders” and control the other grunts.
- Enemies will look different, even if they’re the same type, i.e. even though the skeleton soldiers are in the same category, they will have varied looks, so it’s not like everyone looks the same.
- More boss fights than GoW 1, but less than GoW 2.
- No multiplayer.
- Hades boss fight confirmed.
None of this is confirmed, the only thing that is certain is that GOW III is going to be an amazing title.
Update: Found the Article Scans.