New Pacific Rift Update Ready to Download
Written by Paulmichael
Hey, you remember Motorstorm: Pacific Rift? You know, the game we covered not so long ago and recommended whole-heartedly? Well it’s receiving quite the update…NOW! The patch is live and will download as soon as you launch the game, and you can check out a complete list of changes after the break.
The following fixes are included in the latest patch:
- Restrictions to the copying of Saved Data have been removed. This will make it possible for Saved Data to be backed up and then restored to the User Account it was created under (whether that’s on the same PLAYSTATION 3 or not).*
- Changes to the way the game handles data. These changes will help to prevent Saved Data corruption.
- Visual notification of critical save progress has been added. A ‘MotorStorm Helmet’ icon will be displayed on-screen to warn users that critical data is being saved. This is in addition to the HDD Access light which currently flashes while the game makes a critical save.
- The glitch which enables a player to exploit the Boost system has been removed. The development team are working to identify which times have been achieved using this glitch; Action will be taken to ensure that the Leaderboards become genuinely competitive again.
- Time Attack times and Rank information will update correctly for all players. Any pending Time Attack times will begin to filter through systematically and the online Ranks should display correctly once the update is released.
- Additional fixes and improvements to gameplay, including tweaks to the visuals in Photo Mode.