Persona Coming to PSP This Fall
Written by Adam
After all the great PSP news today what else could there possibly be? Well, there is word today that the remake of the PS1 Persona will be hitting your PSP sometime this fall.
Atlus will be handling this remake, and from all the changes mentioned this will definitely be more of a remake then a port. Here is a list of all the updates they will be making:
- New animated movies done by studio Kamikaze Douga.
- Rearranged soundtrack done by Shin Megami Tensei composer Shoji Meguro. Yumi Kawamura who sang in Persona 3 will do vocal tracks for Persona.
- Supports 16:9 widescreen mode with a new user interface.
- Additional dungeon floors have been added to the Sebek Chapter (main story) and Snow Queen Chapter. Watch out for new elements and tricky gimmicks.
- Rebalanced gameplay with a tweaked encounter rate.
- Considered to be more “user friendly” since players can pick the level of difficulty.
- Battle loading times are 2/3rds faster compared to the original. During enemy encounters animations can be skipped. Sounds similar to Persona 2: Eternal Punishment.
- Extra save points are added as well as a quick save feature.
- A revised city map with a top down view and highlighted landmarks. The original Persona had a simple 3D over world map similar to Shin Megami Tensei: Nocturne.
There is no word yet on whether or not this will be coming to Europe, but keep on checking back for more details.