Super Street Fighter II Turbo HD Remix; Patch Soon
Super Street Fighter II Turbo HD Remix, the 2D fighter with an impossibly long title and accompanying acronym (SSFIITHDR, for those who may not know), is set to receive a patch that fixes a number of bugs on both the PlayStation 3 and Xbox 360 platforms. Spotted over on Jimmy Rey’s blog is a list of 13 known fixes in the upcoming patch. Below is the complete list, including which platform each fix applies to:
1. After a number of games, the HUD will be corrupt. Yellow lifebars will freeze, the round counter flags will all be on, and the names will show more than one name. (Both)
2. Frequent disconnects during VS transition screen. Often caused by selecting START color of character. (Both)
3. Title crashes if user has a large friends list and tries to access the friends list (PS3)
4. Rating being set to “0” and from then on, rating remains at “0”. Once that patch goes live, we’ll reset all leaderboards/scoreboards. (Both)
5. Vega sometimes causing desyncing, especially when using the fake wall dive. (Both).
6. Lobby list containing full rooms instead of only rooms that users can enter. (Both).
7. Zangief Super Motion not working on both sides and in both directions.
8. During the start of the match, there is slight slowdown. This has been minimized as much as possible. (PS3).
9. If connecting to a ranked match through the quick match function, it is best out of 3 rather than best out of 5. It should always be best out of 5.(Both)
10. Sending messages via XMB during a game causes a freeze. (PS3)
11. Players not added to “Players Met” list. (PS3)
12. Analog and D-pad can accept input at the same time. (Both)
13. Player stats not reporting correctly.
The game is set to receive this patch “in the next few weeks.” Also, though sometimes patches may correct balancing issues, it is explicitly mentioned that the team behind the patch “didn’t touch any balancing this time.”