Trophy Guide – Astro Tripper
Pod Oppressor (Bronze) – Destroy 10 mutated pods in any one level of Training Grounds.
– You can easily do this on the first level of the game. When the game starts, a bunch of pods (enemies) will spawn. If you let them live for about 10-15 seconds they will mutate. Let 10 of them mutate, then kill them. Each mutated pod will net you 500 points with a 0X multiplier.
Spidery Point (Bronze) – Destroy the Spider Boss on Arachnophobia Without Destroying Any of its Weapons.
– This boss is on the third level of the ‘Training Grounds’ world. What you need to do first is clear the level of all pods. Once the Arachnoid appears, move to one of the blast doors on either side of the map. Once there, the Arachnoid will not be able to come close to you. He will shoot missiles first, so dodge them. He will then shoot some kind of energy that you can destroy with your guns. Be very careful when shooting the energy as to not hit the spider’s weapons. Once you shoot the energy, he should open his mouth and show his core. When that happens, shoot his belly. But beware…he will shoot back some energy that is pretty fast, so move quickly. You should only have to do this twice if you shoot fast enough.
Tank Oppressor (Bronze) – Destroy 20 tanks in sequence.
– You can get this in the first level of the ‘Dreadnoughts’ world. The level has two sides but don’t worry about one of the sides. For this trophy you need to destroy 20 tanks in a row without destroying anything else. So when you start the level, go to the left where the tanks come out of the two holes and wait for them to come. Then destroy them every time they come up. But be sure to dodge the turret thing that will appear behind you, as it shoots missiles. Once you rack up the 20 tank kills, the trophy is yours!
Tank Sympathizer (Silver) – Destroy both generators on Claustrophobia without killing a Tank.
– This can be somewhat difficult. This is on the second level of the ‘Dreadnoughts’ world. There are generators on both sides of the map. The easiest way is to take out the generator on the left side, and then take out the one on the right side. On the right side, there will be three tanks and you will have to dodge their bullets to take out the generator. You can take down the helicopters…just not the tanks.
Fly Swatter (Silver) – Destroy 3 Flypods within 5 seconds on any level of Insect Infestation.
– You can get this in the first level of the ‘Insect Infestation’ world. Toward the end of the level there will be 6 Flypods that come at you…3 on the left and 3 on the right. Pick a row, and shoot as fast as you can to take all 3 down within 5 seconds.
Worm Tangle (Gold) – Destroy 3 Worms in sequence on The Ooze.
– You get this on the second level of the ‘Insect Infestation’ world. There will be needle enemies on both sides of the map, and your goal is to eliminate as many of them as possible. Once you have eliminated enough needle enemies, the worms will start to appear. Do not shoot them! Instead, continue to eliminate the other enemies as carefully as possible, so as to not hit the worms. Try to get the screen as clear as possible, and take down 3 worms in a row to land that brand new Gold trophy.
Sneeky Incursion (Silver) – Destroy the Boss without opening more than one outer door. Only 1 of the 3 outer doors may be opened to any degree.
– This Boss is on the fourth level of the ‘Temple of Gods’ world. You need to destroy two orbs that are adjacent to each other as they will have a door in between them. When you destroy the orbs, the door opens. When you go through the door, the Boss uses a yellow laser that is very easy to avoid. Basically, try to stay in rotation with the door that you created, because if the battle gets too hectic you can exit back through the door. When you’ve shot him enough, he will go berserk and send out a wave. The room will go the opposite direction. When this happens, get out NOW! Repeat this until he’s dead.
Wheel Collector (Gold) – Complete level Fizz Wheels without killing a Fizz Wheel (the rolling wheels connected by a laser).
– Probably the hardest trophy in the game. This trophy requires both luck and skill. You get this on the second level of the ‘Temple of Gods’ world. There will be wheels that are paired together. Your goal is to complete the level without killing a single one. You can shoot them, just don’t kill them. The part that makes this trophy so hard is this: First, you have to get to the end of the level with all of the regular pods killed. Second, there needs to be about 40 seconds on the clock to allow the Fizz Wheels to exit the map. Once the last one leaves the map, the level will end. Congratulations!