Skate 2 Patch Brings Gnarly Fixes
EA recently updated their Skate 2 blog with info on a patch in development for the game. Everything from the on-foot controls to the visual indicators have been adjusted and improved, and the publisher is very excited with what has been accomplished. Here is the list of fixes that the patch will bring:
- Improve responsiveness of off-board controls, modified left stick behavior to improve feel of off-board movement.
- Eliminate scoring exploit for Hippie Jump 180s in multiplayer Spot Battle.
- Eliminate the wipeout exploit with off-board and the Superdude trick.
- Fixed mute and stale grab tricks to use proper hand when performed in conjunction with a hand gesture.
- Fix the occasionally popping of visual indicators (sign-ups, arrows, etc).
- Added support for custom soundtracks for the PS3.
- Face and Body settings will now load properly in saved replays.
- Character models will be in high detail when viewing a replay.
- Visual indicators (sign-up icons/arrows) are no longer visible in replays and videos.
- Remove the confirmation pop-up when retrying a challenge.
- Reduce potential for pedestrians to spawn in an active challenge location.
- Modified “Can you spell Girl?” challenge so the player starts with the lead.
- Remove the 3,2,1 countdown when retrying a film challenge.
- All Thrasher challenges unlock properly in the career progression.
- When starting an Own the Spot via the Challenge Map, the player’s session marker is automatically set for them.
- Updated the online mini-map so skaters appear as the same color indicated in the player HUD.
- Improved quality of character images generated for display on skate.reel web profiles.
- EXP is no longer awarded for players that don’t attempt a trick during a Ranked game of S.K.A.T.E.
- Modified deathrace intro sequences to eliminate camera clipping.
- Online Freeskate Activities (Survival) – Increase the tolerance for ‘skating too slowly’ while in the air.
- Online Spot Battle/Hall of Meat – Spectators can again trigger hand gestures during another player’s turn.