Greatest Hits Lineup Gets Even Greater This June With 6 More Titles
Best-Selling Games from Both SCEA and its Publishing Partners to be Offered at Great Value to PS3(TM) system Owners
FOSTER CITY, Calif., May 28 /PRNewswire/ — Sony Computer Entertainment America today announced that six best-selling titles have been added to the “Greatest Hits” library for the PLAYSTATION®3 (PS3™) computer entertainment system. Starting June 16, the following games, representing some of the most popular hits on the platform, will be available for $29.99 MSRP: Army of Two, Battlefield: Bad Company, Devil May Cry 4, Gran Turismo® 5 Prologue, Metal Gear Solid 4: Guns of the Patriots, and Ratchet & Clank® Future: Tools of Destruction.
This is the second set of PS3 games to reach “Greatest Hits” status, and they showcase some of the platform’s best-selling titles across a broad range of genres, including first-person shooter, platforming, racing, and action/adventure.
“Games deemed ‘Greatest Hits’ have reached a significant sales threshold. This latest selection features several critically acclaimed titles, including Gran Turismo 5 Prologue and Metal Gear Solid 4, which represent the high caliber of quality software that is available on the PS3 system,” said Scott A. Steinberg, vice president, product marketing, SCEA. “We’re looking forward to making this group of best sellers even more accessible to consumers, while we continue to deliver more value to the overall PS3 platform.”
About the “Greatest Hits” Titles:
· Army of Two (Electronic Arts) – Fight along side a teammate to become the deadliest TWO man military outfit a government can buy. To survive, players must bring down a vast Private Military Corporation conspiracy – where the good guys and the bad guys are one and the same. Rating: “M” for Mature
· Battlefield: Bad Company (Electronic Arts) – Set in the near future, the Battlefield: Bad Company single-player campaign drops gamers behind enemy lines as part of a squad of four soldiers – risking it all to go AWOL on a personal quest. Rating: “T” for Teen
· Devil May Cry 4 (Capcom) –Devil May Cry 4 immerses gamers in a gothic supernatural world, where a new protagonist clashes with a familiar hero. As the new leading man, Nero, players will unleash incredible attacks and non-stop combos using a unique new gameplay mechanic, his powerful “Devil Bringer” arm. Rating: “M” for Mature
· Gran Turismo® 5 Prologue (Sony Computer Entertainment) – With more than 50 million units shipped worldwide, Gran Turismo is the world’s most popular racing franchise. Developed by Polyphony Digital, Inc, Gran Turismo 5 Prologue sets the standard for unprecedented realism in the racing category with its quality of design and physics technology. Players can race, either online or offline, more than 70 meticulously detailed vehicles on tracks from around the world. Rating: “E” for Everyone
· Metal Gear Solid 4: Guns of the Patriots (Konami) – is the final chapter in the saga of Solid Snake which sends him around the world in pursuit of his arch nemesis, Liquid Ocelot. In his final mission, Snake must sneak deep into enemy locations in the Middle East, South America, and other corners of the earth to foil Liquid Ocelot plans for total world domination. Rating: “M” for Mature
· Ratchet & Clank® Future: Tools of Destruction (Sony Computer Entertainment) – An orphan of the universe, Ratchet has never known anything of his Lombax origins. When an alien tyrant, driven by an unexplainable hatred for Lombaxes attacks Ratchet and Clank’s home, the two heroes are thrust into an epic adventure where they discover that Ratchet’s past is the key to the galaxy’s future. Rating: “E 10+” for Everyone 10 and older