InFamous Bests Original PS3 Exclusives Sales
Sony‘s latest original and exclusive IP has out done all others before it. Sucker Punch’s open world karma based game has managed to rake in sales of 176,000 units in it’s first week! While this may seem like small potatoes original IPs generally don’t do well until they release a sequel.
Sony put some marketing moxie behind this title and it paid off. The blitz of television advertisements and the big screen trailer that played before the latest Terminator movie definitely helped to solidify this title as a PlayStation staple. Below is a list of popular original PS3 IP’s sales figures compliments of PS3Center.net.
- InFamous (May, 2009) – 176,000 in it’s first week
- LittleBigPlanet (October, 2008) – 110K first week *GameStop was selling this two days early.
- Motorstorm (March, 2007) – 107K first week
- Haze (May, 2008) – 91K first week, 102K first month
- Warhawk (August, 2007) – 70K first week * not including downloads.
- Heavenly Sword (September, 2007) – 75K first week, 130K first month
- Lair (August, 2007) – 69K first week
- Resistance: Fall of Man (November,2006) – 42K first week
- Uncharted: Drake’s Fortune (November, 2007) – 32K first week, 117K first month sales