Need for Speed: SHIFT Boasts Adrenaline-Pumping Soundtrack
Authentic Racing Experience Fueled By Kanye West, The Prodigy and More.
Electronic Arts Inc. today announced the track list that will propel players to the finish line in Need for Speed™ SHIFT when it hits retail stores in North America on September 15 (in stores across Europe on September 17, 2009). The SHIFT soundtrack features some of today’s most influential hip hop and rock artists including Kanye West, The Prodigy, Kasabian, and MSTRKRFT. Each song was hand selected to provide a pounding score that matches the intensity and bone-crushing power of this year’s Need for Speed.
The game has already received several positive reviews including one from Official Xbox Magazine which referred to Need for Speed SHIFT as a “brilliant turn in a new direction” and “deep and addictive.”
“Intense music has always fueled the sound of Need For Speed,” said Steve Schnur, Worldwide Executive of Music and Music Marketing at EA. “For SHIFT, we truly went underground to bring together some of the edgiest new tracks in electronic music, hip-hop and rock from around the world. These artists are the radical equivalents of real outlaw racing. The result is a white-knuckle soundtrack of pure global adrenaline.”
The complete soundtrack is listed below. To hear samplings of each song, please visit www.ea.com/eatrax/.
- Buraka Som Sistema feat. Pongolove – Kalemba (Wegue-Wegue)
- Chase And Status feat. Plan B – Pieces
- Deadmau5 – Ghosts N Stuff
- Eagles Of Death Metal – Anything ‘Cept the Truth
- Fort Knox 5 feat. Asheru – Insight (The Nextmen Remix)
- Gallows – I Dread The Night
- In Case Of Fire – This Time We Stand
- Jamal – Pull Up
- Kanye West – Paranoid (Part 2)
- Kasabian – Underdog
- The King Blues – The Streets Are Ours
- Mala Rodriguez – Te Convierto
- Mando Diao – Mean Street
- MSTRKRFT feat. E-40 – Click Click
- N.A.S.A. – Whachadoin? Feat. Spank Rock, MIA, Santigold and Nick Zinner
- The Prodigy – Run With The Wolves
- The Qemists feat Mike Patton – Lost Weekend
- Regular John – Transmitter
- Rootbeer – Under Control
- Shinichi Osawa – Electro 411 (Lies In Disguise Mix)
- Spoon Harris & Obernik – Baditude
- TOKIO – Dogonim
- Twisted Wheel – Oh What Have You Done
- Two Fingers feat. Sway – High Life
Need for Speed SHIFT is the first racing game that accurately reproduces the intense physical and emotional experience of being behind the wheel of a race car. SHIFT’s true driver’s experience redefines the racing genre with the combination of real world physics and perception based G-forces including the brutal first person crash dynamic, to create a cockpit view that is easily the most realistic and intensive racing perspective ever.
Need for Speed SHIFT is available for the PlayStation®3 computer entertainment system, Xbox 360® video game and entertainment system, PC and PSP® system. More information can be found at www.needforspeed.com or follow us on Twitter at NeedforSpeed. Press can download assets at http://info.ea.com.