LEGO Rock Band Track List Revealed
Warner Bros. Interactive Entertainment and MTV Games, a part of Viacom’s MTV Networks (NYSE: VIA and VIA.B), today announced the full track list for the upcoming LEGO® Rock Band™ game, including songs from Queen, Bon Jovi, P!NK, Jimi Hendrix and Blur.
In addition, the game will support downloadable content from the massive Rock Band™ Music Store to be played within LEGO Rock Band, while enabling songs from LEGO Rock Band to be exported on Xbox® 360 video game and entertainment system from Microsoft or PlayStation®3 computer entertainment system and available to play across all game modes in the Rock Band Music Platform.
Filled with chart-topping songs and classic favourites suitable for family members of all ages, the full track list for LEGO Rock Band console versions includes:
- All American Rejects, “Swing, Swing”
- The Automatic, “Monster”
- Blink-182, “Aliens Exist”
- Blur, “Song 2”
- Bon Jovi, “You Give Love a Bad Name”
- Boys like Girls, “Thunder”
- Bryan Adams, “Summer of 69”
- Carl Douglas, “Kung Fu Fighting”
- The Coral, “Dreaming of You”
- Counting Crows, “Accidentally in Love”
- David Bowie, “Let’s Dance”
- Elton John, “Crocodile Rock”
- Europe, “The Final Countdown”
- Everlife, “Real Wild Child”
- Foo Fighters, “Breakout”
- Good Charlotte, “Girls & Boys”
- The Hives, “Tick Tick Boom!”
- Iggy Pop, “The Passenger”
- Incubus, “Dig”
- Jackson 5, “I Want You Back”
- Jimi Hendrix, “Fire”
- Kaiser Chiefs, “Ruby”
- Katrina & The Waves, “Walking on Sunshine”
- The Kooks, “Naïve”
- KoRn, “Word Up!”
- KT Tunstall, “Suddenly I See”
- Lostprophets, “Rooftops”
- P!NK, “So What”
- The Police, “Every Little Thing She Does Is Magic”
- The Primitives, “Crash”
- Queen, “We Are The Champions”
- Queen, “We Will Rock You”
- Rascal Flatts, “Life is a Highway”
- Ray Parker Jr., “Ghostbusters”
- Razorlight, “Stumble and Fall”
- Spin Doctors, “Two Princes”
- Spinal Tap, “Short & Sweet”
- Steve Harly, “Make Me Smile”
- Sum 41, “In Too Deep”
- Supergrass, “Grace”
- Tom Petty, “Free Fallin”
- T-Rex, “Ride a White Swan”
- Vampire Weekend, “A-Punk”
- We the Kings, “Check Yes Juliet”
- The Zutons, “Valerie”
Fans can extend their LEGO Rock Band experience on Xbox 360 and PlayStation 3 with downloadable content that can be purchased through the LEGO Rock Band store. Players will have access to all of the songs in the Rock Band Music Store that have been identified to be suitable for all ages. Those cleared songs are the only tracks that will appear within the LEGO Rock Band store for purchase. The LEGO Rock Band store will continually highlight any new family-friendly tunes that can be played across the Rock Band platform as they are released for Rock Band.
Disc export will rely on the technology pioneered by Harmonix to export tracks from the original Rock Band disc to the music library of Rock Band 2. Owners of LEGO Rock Band on Xbox 360 and PlayStation 3 will be able to enter a unique code from an insert in their game manual into a dedicated website. The website will provide instructions allowing owners to unlock the export functionality of LEGO Rock Band. At that point, players will be able to export tracks from LEGO Rock Band to their hard drives for play in all game modes of Rock Band Music Platform for a nominal export fee. An internet connection is required to perform this disc export.
LEGO Rock Band combines the multiplayer music experience of Rock Band with the fun, customization and humour of the LEGO videogame franchise to create a unique family-friendly music experience that allows tweens, teens and parents to experience a wild journey to rock stardom where they can “Build a Band and Rock the Universe.” Players will become rockers as they work their way through local venues, stadiums and fantasy locations on Earth and beyond that mimic the imaginative settings that the LEGO world offers.
Also continuing the LEGO “build-and-play” gaming experience, gamers can create their own LEGO Rock Band style as they customize their minifigure avatars, band and entourage, including roadies, managers and crew. LEGO Rock Band is compatible with all Rock Band and The Beatles™: Rock Band™ instrument controllers, as well as most Guitar Hero® and other authorized third-party music video game peripherals and microphones.
LEGO Rock Band for Xbox 360®, PlayStation 3 and Wii™ system is rated “E 10+” by the ESRB and is developed by TT Games in partnership with Harmonix. The Nintendo DS version is rated “E” by the ESRB and is developed by Backbone Entertainment, a Foundation 9 Entertainment studio, and will be compatible with Nintendo DS, Nintendo DS™ Lite and Nintendo DSi™. All versions are scheduled for release holiday 2009.