Debut Beatles: Rock Band DLC Leads to Abbey Road
MTV Games and Harmonix Launch Abbey Road as the First Full Playable Album Available For Download For The Beatles: Rock Band
Apple Corps, Ltd., MTV Games and Harmonix, the world’s leading developer of music-based games and a part of Viacom’s MTV Networks, today announced the launch of Abbey Road (1969) as the first Beatles album to be available for purchase and playable as downloadable content in The Beatles™: Rock Band™ Music Store.
With “Come Together,” “Something,” “Octopus’s Garden,” “I Want You (She’s So Heavy),” “Here Comes The Sun” and “The End” already included on The Beatles: Rock Band game disc, players will now be able to play songs from and complete the entire Abbey Road album.
Available for Xbox 360 (Oct. 20) and PlayStation 3 System (Oct. 22):
Individual Abbey Road singles: “Maxwell’s Silver Hammer,” “Oh! Darling,” and “Because”
Price: $1.99 USD, £.99 UK, €1.49 EU (160 Microsoft Points for Xbox 360) per each individual track
The “Complete The Album Pack” features:
- • Abbey Road singles: “Maxwell’s Silver Hammer,” “Oh! Darling,” and “Because”
- • The entire Abbey Road B-side 16 minute medley that includes: “You Never Give Me Your Money,” “Sun King,” “Mean Mr. Mustard,” “Polythene Pam,” “She Came in Through the Bathroom Window,” “Golden Slumbers,” “Carry That Weight” and “The End”
- • Additionally, the following songs from Abbey Road can also be played as 1-to-3-song sets, based on how they were recorded / composed:
- “You Never Give Me Your Money”
- “Sun King”/ “Mean Mr. Mustard”
- “Polythene Pam”/ “She Came in Through the Bathroom Window”
- “Golden Slumbers”/ “Carry That Weight”/ “The End”*
- “Her Majesty”
Price: $16.99 USD, £10.46 UK, €11.37 EU (1360 Microsoft Points for Xbox 360) for “Complete The Album Pack”
Available for Wii (Oct. 20):
Individual Abbey Road singles: “Maxwell’s Silver Hammer, ” “Oh! Darling,” “Because,” and “You Never Give Me Your Money,” *“Her Majesty
Price: $2.00 USD (200 Wii Points™) per each individual track
*$1.00 USD (100 Wii Points) for “Her Majesty”
• “Sun King”/ “Mean Mr. Mustard”
• “Polythene Pam”/ “She Came in Through the Bathroom Window”
• “Golden Slumbers”/ “Carry That Weight”/ “The End”*
Price: $3.50 USD (350 Wii Points) per 2-Pack /
* No additional cost for 3rd song “The End” as it is already included on game disc
Additional Beatles albums that have been announced as upcoming downloadable content include Sgt. Pepper’s Lonely Hearts Club Band (1967) in November and Rubber Soul (1965) in December. The Beatles: Rock Band downloadable content will be available for purchase on the Xbox®LIVE Marketplace for Xbox 360, PlayStation®Network and via the in-game The Beatles: Rock Band Music Store for Wii™ using Wii points purchased through the Wii Shop Channel.
The Beatles: Rock Band offers players an unprecedented, experiential progression through the music and artistry of The Beatles and is available for Xbox 360® video game and entertainment system from Microsoft, PlayStation®3 computer entertainment system and Wii™ console from Nintendo. The game is compatible with all The Beatles: Rock Band and Rock Band™ instrument controllers, as well as most Guitar Hero® and other authorized third-party music video game peripherals and microphones.
The Beatles: Rock Band marks the first time that Apple Corps, along with EMI Music, Sony/ATV Music Publishing, Harrisongs Ltd and Startling Music Ltd has presented The Beatles music in an interactive video game format. The Beatles: Rock Band is published by MTV Games and developed by Harmonix, the world’s premier music video game company and creators of the best-selling Rock Band. Electronic Arts Inc. serves as distribution partner for the game. In addition, Giles Martin, coproducer of The Beatles’ innovative LOVE album project, provided his expertise and served as Music Producer for this groundbreaking Beatles project.
The Beatles: Rock Band is rated “T” for Teen with the descriptors “Mild Lyrics” and “Tobacco Reference” by the ESRB.