MAG Official Box Art and Beta Stats Revealed
With the Public Beta for MAG, Sony and Zipper Interactive’s 256-player Online-only FPS ending last Friday with the MAG Developer showdown, Zipper Interactive has released the Official Box Art and statistics for the Beta and they’re impressive, to say the least.
Here’s the Numbers, courtesy of Zipper Interactive.
– OVER 42,000 matches were played from August 17 to December 5.
– 534,000+ miles were traversed in October each week by players.
– During the final month of the beta, which started on November 9 and ended on December 5, 67,000 players logged-in, with 17,000 of them becoming Squad leaders, 3,500 earning Platoon leader status, 1,100 recruits made it to Officer-In-Charge, and 206 valiant soldiers reached level 60!
– Over 18 MILLION deaths accured with over 700 MILLION shots fired in doing so.
– ‘Sabotage’ mode featured the most played maps. ‘Syr Darya Uplink’, ‘Darien Network’, and ‘Copper Hills Relay’ were one, two, and three, respectively.
Mighty impressive! And how about that Box art? It just screams Massive Action Game, wouldn’t you say? What do you think, fellow readers? For those of you who took part in the Beta, did it confirm you purchase for the title or did it have you running back to cancel your pre-order? let us know in the comments below. For those of you who do plan on buying MAG, the Shadow War begins on January 26, 2010.
Check out the snazzy box-art below: