Final Fantasy XIII Fact Sheet
Square Enix has released the English fact sheet for Final Fantasy XIII.
FINAL FANTASY® XIII
Developer: Square Enix Co., Ltd.
Publisher: Square Enix, Ltd.
Platform: PLAYSTATION®3 computer entertainment system/ Xbox 360® video game and entertainment system from Microsoft
Genre: RPG PEGI 16+ (TBC)
Ship Date: March 9, 2010
Square Enix proudly presents FINAL FANTASY XIII, the latest installment in the world-renowned FINAL FANTASY series, which has shipped over 85 million units worldwide. To celebrate the 13th title in the series, Square Enix has undertaken a colossal project involving the development of various content for multiple platforms. FABULA NOVA CRYSTALLIS™, defined in Latin as “the new tale of the crystal,” is made up of several different titles based on variations of the FINAL FANTASY XIII universe.
While each title in the project features different characters, different worlds and different stories, all are ultimately based on and expand upon a common mythos. Overview In FINAL FANTASY XIII, players will embark on a journey through the cityworld of Cocoon and the outerworld of Pulse, encountering and fighting alongside a diverse group of allies. Execute powerful attacks with weapons and magic, and summon the enigmatic Eidolons with an evolved Active Time Battle system. Experience seamless transitions between real-time gameplay and in-game cinematics. Do you have the courage to face your destiny? Features:
· Take Part in a Gaming Experience that Sets New Standards
– The first in the series developed for a simultaneous release on multiple high-definition consoles, FINAL FANTASY XIII pushes new boundaries in cinematic presentation, sound and gameplay.
· Experience the Unity of Speed and Strategy with the Ultimate Active Time Battle system
– The familiar system has evolved, granting players the freedom of executing numerous commands in a single turn with the multi-slot ATB gauge. Whether inputting singular commands in each slot for consecutive attacks, or expending multiple slots at once to activate a devastating blow, it’s up to the players to respond effectively to the battle conditions at hand.
· Adapt to the Ever-Changing Tide of Battle with Paradigms
– A brand-new game mechanic enabling players to assign roles to their party members at any time during battle, shifting between combat paradigms. Consisting of various combinations of the game’s six roles, ranging from Commando, the offensive specialist, to Medic, the quintessential healer, paradigms allow players to respond and adapt instantly to any given situation to turn the tide and seize victory.
· Witness the Battle Scene Transform with an All-New Summon System
– Introducing Gestalt Mode, a powerful dimension of the summon system that elevates the action to a whole new level. In Gestalt Mode, characters and their transformed Eidolons fight as one, dealing massive damage to enemies through simple button commands.
· Delve into an Emotional Experience
– An immersive storyline connects players to an intriguing cast of characters. Will they have the strength to confront their cursed fates, or will destiny prevail over all that they believe in?