Epic Games Releases New Unreal Build
Epic Games Releases January 2010 Unreal Development Kit Beta
Epic Games, Inc. has released the January 2010 UDK Beta, an updated version of the Unreal Development Kit (UDK), the free edition of Unreal Engine 3 that provides uncompromised access to the award-winning game development toolset.
Epic is committed to providing the UDK community with regular software releases at no charge, and the latest beta is available now at www.udk.com/download.
An extensive list of new additions and improvements included with this version is available at:
January 2010 Beta
- Improved UDK Features and Tools
- Decal improvements
- Lit translucent decals are now supported.
- Allows much better blending of decal edges into the environment.
- Shadowmap support for decals
- Animtrails: Animation driven trail emitters
- Allows artists to easily create particle trails following animations.
- Ongoing UTGame de-nativization
- Moving UTGame specific C++ functionality that didn’t need to be in C++ back into UnrealScript.
- Notable examples include the new SVehicle physics interface functions and making it possible to tick skeletal controllers and UTUIScenes in script.
- Fixed Lightmass generating directional lighting being flipped in the texture’s V direction.
Updated UDN Documentation:
Additional documentation, code samples and more are available at the Unreal Developer Network (UDN):