New Castlevania: LOS Details and Screens Escape from the Darkness
After many failed attempts, developer Mercury Steam looks to successfully translate the 2D world of Castlevania to 3D this Fall with Castlevania: Lords of Shadow. Konami recently showed the title off to a select group of the press, and the news and reception has been overwhelmingly positive so far. The first 3D Castlevania to make fans of the series proud might just be Lords of Shadow.
Even though the game wasn’t playable at the recent ‘Konami’s Gamer Night 2010’, David Cox, the Main Producer of C:LOS narrated a large portion of the video that showed what the game was all about. Here’s all the juicy details, plus some new sexy screenshots, for you to sink your ‘knives’ into.
- The game will clock in around 15 hours scattered across 50 stages.
- David Cox claims you’ll “feel chills” when you hear the classic Castlevania tunes done by the game’s Orchestra.
- The game’s visuals have been compared to God of War III..I’ll let you decided that one with the new screens below.
- Gabriel Belmont’s ‘Advisor’ will be voiced by none other than Captain Picard himself, Patrick Stewart!
- If you’ve been paying attention the game since being revealed at E3 2009, you might have seen shoots of a huge ‘colossus’ being attempting to smash our hero. This being is a “Titan” (uhhh…) and Lords of Shadow will feature many of these creatures, which will continue to grow in-size as you encounter them.
- One scene near the end of the video had a skeleton sneaking up upon Gabriel as he turned a wheel. As the enemy attempted to attack, a exclamation mark appeared over his head, MGS-style…don’t forget that Hideo Kojima and Kojima Productions are helping with the game’s development.
- A playable demo of Castlevania: LOS will appear at E3.
- The ‘Konami code’ will appear in the game– enter the code and enemies will display exp points above their heads as you kick their arse.
As promised..the new devilish screenshots for you to check out. Are they on par with God of War III? Let us know what you think in the comments below.