Sound the Sirens, MAG Update Incoming
When you develop a 256-player FPS shooter like MAG, which has an active community of over 10,000+ gamers a day, the need for constant updates is a must. Zipper Interactive realized this long before MAG hit the market and thankfully removed many of the glitches and bugs before release. Still, issues are commonplace in an online FPS and thankfully MAG is receiving a new update this week.
Zipper Interactive is releasing patch v1.05 on Monday the 19th and it includes the following changes:
- Improved the automatic Leadership selection criteria to make players with microphones more likely to be selected than those without them (note: this does not prevent players without microphones from being selected as leaders)
- Adjusted automatic Leadership selection criteria to include Leadership point total in preference formula.
- Repaired bug that prevented players who were incapacitated and then revived from throwing grenades until they reload.
- Fixed issue with the game lock-ups caused by “hanging” black screen following the conclusion of a gameplay round.
- Repaired crash that sometimes occurred after playing more than 15 consecutive rounds.
- Resolved issue with rare game crash that occurred during playback of intro video.
- Numerous localization changes for in-game text.
- Adjusted iron sights to give player clearer view for the following weapons: AK-103, M4A1, PKP MG, Apex 100, RTK-74, Boudini 12 Gauge, and T-195.
- Improved accuracy on all iron sights and red dot sights.
- Increased upwards-recoil to all machine guns.
- Slightly increased accuracy for pistols, PDWs, and SMGs.
Zipper listens closely to the fans so a majority of these changes were based on player feedback. There’s also a rumor that NEW information regarding DLC is also hitting next week, so make sure to check back for further details.