Sony and MLB Team Up to Bring America’s Favorite Pastime to the PS3
Sony Computer Entertainment of America and Major League Baseball Advanced Media have announced that MLB.TV is available starting today on the PlayStation 3 console. MLB.TV, one of the largest subscription video offerings on the internet, now allows you to stream regular season baseball games live in HD straight to your PS3.
The service is available to all MLB.TV subscribers who already own a PlayStation 3. Jack Tretton, President and CEO of SCEA chimed in on the announcement:
“MLB.com is the perfect partner to showcase the power and potential of PS3 as an in-home platform for all types of entertainment: games, TV, movies, original content and now, live, HD access to America’s favorite pastime,”
“We are excited for our customers who don’t live near their favorite team and can now see every game, and keep an eye on the rest of the league, too, as this season promises to include many record-breaking moments that they won’t want to miss.”
MLB.TV on PS3 features include:
- Home and Away Feeds – Choose to watch either the home or away broadcast feed.
- Live Game DVR Functionality – Use the live video overlay to pause and rewind live games or fast-forward back to live game action.
- Scrollable Linescore – Go directly to any half-inning to watch only that portion of the game.
- MLB Scoreboard – Scrollable league-wide scoreboard for each day’s games in three modes: Pre-game with scheduled starting pitchers; Live with up-to-the-minute game status; and Post-game with final pitching decisions and archived feed selection.
- Favorite Team Selection – Pick a favorite team or teams to be featured first on the daily scoreboard.
- Calendar Schedule – Scroll through the entire 2010 Major League Baseball schedule in calendar format or the user-designated favorite team’s schedule.
Check out this MLB.TV Demo Video below: