PSP2 Rumored to Get Touch Screen, Dual Cameras, More
The PlayStation Portable 2 has long been rumored for what seems like forever now. The specs for it were apparently revealed before the PSPGo even came out. The device has been the subject of much speculation with artists renditions and more, although, no concrete evidence has indicated towards Sony revealing the successor to the PSP. However, if a new rumor is to be believed, the PSP2 is almost finalized and will be released sooner than you think.
According to VG247 a source is suggesting that it’s “99 percent” sure that the PSP2 won’t be featured at E3. The device has apparently been revealed to publishers and developers for a few months, and will feature two cameras as well as being touch-screen. The rumored facts regarding the PSP2 are below:
- Multiple British sources have confirmed that PSP2 NDAs have been in place at publishers and developers for many months.
- PSP2 has two cameras, one forward and one backward facing.
- It has a touch-screen, but apparently it has retained the trademark physical PlayStation buttons.
- UK sources were previously working towards a “2010″ release. This is now “2011”.
- “Could” be 3G-enabled, as opposed to the WiFi-only PSP go.
- Multiple PSP2 games are being made in Britain right now. Some have even already been canned.
- There have been “finished units” in the UK.
- When asked directly about reveal timing, one source said, “If the games were aiming for end 2010, beginning 2011, and now it’s a 2011 release, I’d say a gamescom or TGS announce for launch early next year”.
- A source said the machine is “fucking powerful,” being based on a four-core Cell CPU. PS3 runs on an eight-core version.
Of course, treat this strictly as a rumor, but we’ll update you if Sony comment on the speculation surrounding the PSP2.