MAG Gets Briefed with Massive Upcoming Patch
The newest patch for Zipper Interactive’s 256-player MAG has just been unveiled. Just briefly looking over the details will instantly reveal that this is undoubtedly the game’s biggest update yet.
Jeremy Dunham, Senior Community Manager for Zipper Interactive, posted on the game’s website earlier today and outlined MAG’s 1.06 update, which brings forth a slew of tweaks and features. According to Dunham, the latest update will provide the following changes:
[It is] harder to accidentally kill fellow teammates, for example, we’ve also expanded the Medical Kit’s functionality to give users total control over who they heal (allies or themselves), while updating the experience system that surrounds it. Other new goodies include improved vehicle handling and physics, new gun ports for APCs, weapon efficiency adjustments, credit cost changes, and updated medal and ribbon requirements.
Unfortunately, the update’s exact release date wasn’t announced, but instead a “June” timeframe was given. Here is the full list of features that will be included in the v1.06 patch for MAG:
- Player knife attacks no longer deal damage to members of own PMC.
- Headshot damage bonuses no longer apply to friendly fire.
- Changed rewards for the resuscitation of an incapacitated ally to 5XP for partial health revive, and 10XP for full heath revive.
- Added functionality to Medical Kit so that players can now heal themselves with L1 in addition to using R1 to heal or revive a teammate.
- All vehicle handling has been improved and been given more realistic physics.
- Added three gun ports to APCs of all factions.
- Slowed down the rate of fire for the APC’s primary gun, but increased bullet damage.
- Primary APC gun can now damage enemy APCs.
- Adjusted damage for the AM50, Rollins LRRS, and AGVK sniper rifles vs. vehicles and emplaced turrets.
- Increased rate of fire for all pistols (Raven’s F57, SVER’s IZ-443, and Valor’s M9).
- Improved close-range effectiveness and decreased long-range effectiveness for all Pistols, Machine Pistols, SMGs and Shotguns.
- Made all LMG foregrips less effective at stabilizing fire.
- Made improved stability skills less effective at stabilizing fire for machine guns.
- Credit cost for Pistols has been changed to 0c from 100c.
- Credit cost for Machine Pistols has been changed to 200c from 300c.
- Credit cost for SMGs has been changed to 300c from 400c.
- Credit cost for Shotguns has been changed to 400c from 600c.
- Credit cost for Improved Rocket Launchers has been changed to 800c from 1000c.
- Credit cost for Smoke Grenades has been changed to 200c from 300c.
- Credit cost for Poison Gas Grenades has been changed to 500c from 600c.
- Credit cost for Explosives Detector has been changed to 300c from 600c.
- Adjusted requirements for most Medal Awards.
- Added progress bars to all Medal Awards.
- Changed vehicle icon visibility on the map to reflect its current status of visibility instead of its previous map state of “always seen.”
- Repaired display problem in the “Community” tab’s “Player Search” screen that improperly presented names with multiple non-alphabet characters.
- Statistics for “Enemy Vehicles Destroyed Assists” and “Enemy Turrets Destroyed Assists” are now correctly listed in proper category “Objectives.”
- Fixed display problem with player’s left hand placement when using foregrip and bipod on the Raven Apex 100 light machine gun.
- Fixed issue that prevented repaired roadblocks from “shining” to indicate that they can be interacted with.
- Previously-released downloadable content (Fast Attack Gear Pack, Trooper Gear Pack, Raven’s Spyder Body Apparel, SVER’s Hazard Body Apparel, and Valor’s Bulldog Body Apparel) is now accessible to all users without PlayStation Store access.
- Patched problem that prevented users to save loadout with DLC weapons following a “Respec” action.
- Repaired issue that caused renamed PSN IDs to be incorrectly identified as its previous name when logging in.
- Updated patching system to allow for faster download speeds when retrieving in-game updates.