Next Guitar Hero Title Announced
Guitar Hero: Warriors Of Rock was revealed some time ago by Activision as the next iteration the the popular music rhythm series. Activision made a bold statement that the series is back to its best with a more focused approach on rock, there was also rumors that the story would be voiced and written by rock legend Gene Simmons. Activision recently splurged all the details about the new game.
The latest installment’s set to focus on guitar hits from bands such as Black Sabbath and Slipknot and band anthems from Queen. Among the headline features are an “all-new, story-driven Quest Mode” narrated by KISS front man Gene Simmons, a redesigned “rock-inspired” controller, and the biggest on disc selection of rock music so far and a “Quickplay+” mode.
“Guitar Hero has set the standard for music based gaming and with Guitar Hero: Warriors of Rock and the game’s all-new Quest Mode, robust and authentic set list, over-the-top challenges and rock-inspired new hardware, we are once again bringing the soul and energy of rock n’ roll to fans around the world,” said David Haddad, Chief Operating Officer for the game.
The quest mode will have you using any instruments you have and you’ll follow a career mode from the stage of a club to the molten lava fields of rock treachery”using one of eight characters that each have game changing super powers.
“The world is a boring place. Come with me, and enter a world populated of Demi-Gods and Beasts. Transform from an everyday person and become the savior of rock and roll,” said Gene Simmons of KISS.
“It was an honor and privilege to narrate Guitar Hero: Warriors of Rock, even more so, to voice the Demi God. From the God of Thunder to the Demi-God, how cool is that…”
The first tracks from the game are:
- AFI – “Dancing Through Sunday”
- Anthrax – “Indians”
- Avenged Sevenfold – “Bat Country”
- Black Sabbath – “Children Of The Grave”
- Buzzcocks – “What Do I Get?”
- Children Of Bodom – “If You Want Peace… Prepare For War”
- The Cure – “Fascination Street”
- Def Leppard – “Pour Some Sugar On Me (Live)”
- Dethklok – “Bloodlines”
- Dire Straits – “Money For Nothing”
- DragonForce – “Fury of the Storm”
- Drowning Pool – “Bodies”
- Fall Out Boy – “Dance, Dance”
- Foo Fighters – “No Way Back”
- Foreigner – “Feels Like The First Time”
- The Hives – “Tick Tick Boom”
- Jane’s Addiction – “Been Caught Stealing”
- Jethro Tull – “Aqualung”
- KISS – “Love Gun”
- Linkin Park – “Bleed It Out”
- Megadeth – “Sudden Death”
- Metallica & Ozzy Osbourne – “Paranoid (Live)”
- Muse – “Uprising”
- My Chemical Romance – “I’m Not Okay (I Promise)”
- Night Ranger – “ (You Can Still) Rock In America”
- Nine Inch Nails – “Wish”
- The Offspring – “Self Esteem”
- Queen – “Bohemian Rhapsody”
- Rammstein – “Waidmanns Heil”
- The Rolling Stones – “Stray Cat Blues”
- Silversun Pickups – “There’s No Secrets This Year”
- Slayer – “Chemical Warfare”
- Slipknot – “Psychosocial”
- Stone Temple Pilots – “Interstate Love Song”
- ZZ Top – “Sharp Dressed Man (Live)”
The games new controller is said to be specially reflect the games new style and direction, expect some gameplay to be shown at E3 and beyond. Check out PlayStation LifeStyle regulary during E3 for all the latest news.