Gran Turismo 5 Features Over 1000 Cars
Gran Turismo 5 has been in development for years now. The game’s anticipated release date announcement was made during E3 and now more information – including the fact that Gran Turismo 5 has over 1000 licensed cars – has been unveiled about Sony and Polyphony Digital’s PlayStation 3 exclusive racer.
The information coming out of the 2010 E3 expo regarding the game are as follows:
- Various professional race modes from around the world such as NASCAR, World Rally Championship, Super GT and more.
- More than 1000 licensed cars
- Real-time visual damage
- 16 player online multiplayer races
- Two-player split/screen mode.
- Career mode returns with a full world map, licensed car dealerships, tuning and body shops, and car washes. Start your car collection, customize them to your liking, and live the life of a pro racer.
- Compete in franchise mainstays like point-based Championship Race series and hone your skills with License Tests.
- Gran Turismo TV Video gives players access to an online clearinghouse of great motorsport video programming (both HD and SD – all broadcast quality) through PSN. Users can now export this content to the GT PSP Museum (GT PSP required).
- Photo Mode and Photo Album allows users to capture their greatest GT moments, and share with friends. Players can stage and capture stylish shots from a number of angles and locations.
- Photo Album can be shared online, and the Online Replay Album lets players capture replay video from their favorite races and upload them to YouTube for the world to see.
- Players can create custom soundtracks from music stored on their PS3s to play in-game.
- Players who own Gran Turismo PSP and Gran Turismo 5 Prologue can transfer cars unlocked in that game directly to their garage in Gran Turismo 5 for use in Arcade Mode through special cross-talk interoperability.