Red Dead Redemption – Trophy Guide
Exquisite Taste (Bronze)
Purchase a rare weapon from a gunsmith
-In total there are five rare weapons that you can purchase from a blacksmith, you however only need one. Here is a list of the rare weapons including cost and location.
- Lemat Revolver: $1,250 Escalera, Mexico.
- Semi Automatic Shotgun: $1,000 Escalera, Mexico.
- Mauser Pistol: $800 Blackwater, West Elizabeth.
- Carcano Rifel: $1,100 Blackwater, West Elizabeth.
- Evans Repeater: $1,000 Blackwater, West Elizabeth.
Bearly Legal (Bronze)
Kill and skin 18 grizzly bears
-Bears are found in Tall Trees, West Elizabeth. Kill 18 and skin them. If you spot one check to see if it is traveling with a another bear as they sometimes tend to travel in pairs. Use bait to lure them if you wish.
He Cleans Up Well (Bronze)
Obtain the Elegant suit
-To obtain the Elegant suit you need to travel to Thieve’s Landing, New Austin. Then head over tailer and purchase the elegant suit for $70. The elegant suit also allows you to cheat at poker.
More Than a Fistful (Bronze)
Earn $10,000 in Single Player
-You do not have to have $10,000 at once. It is the total amount you have earned. To earn money you can complete story missions and stranger missions, as well as hunt animals and skin them, play poker and blackjack or five finger fillet.
Obtain Legendary rank in any Single Player Ambient Challenge
- There are four ambient challenges, each has ten levels that need to be completed so you can obtain Legendary rank in those ambients. You only need to complete one of the four ambient challenges to unlock this trophy. The ambient challenges can be viewed from your journal. Heres a list of the four ambient challenges.
- Master Hunter
- Treasure Hunter
The Gunslinger (Silver)
Score a headshot on any enemy using Expert targeting mode
- Go into the start menu, then into options, from options go into configuration. From here change Targeting Mode to expert. Find any enemy and shoot them in the head, you can also use Dead Eye if you wish, once you shoot a baddys head off this trophy will spring up. You can now change the Targeting Mode back to any level you wish.
Man of Honor/Chivalry’s Dead (Bronze)
Attain highest Fame rank and either highest Honor rank or lowest Honor rank
- Fame and Honor represent how you choose to play through the game. If you are a goody two shoes and help every person you meet then you get positive honor. If you wish to blow the minds out of innocent peasants you will normally attain negative honor. Make a choice to be either and stick to it. You obtain fame regardless of your honor choice. Once both are maxed out you attain this trophy.
Gold Medal (Bronze)
Earn a Gold Medal Rank for a combat mission in Single Player
- You must complete a combat mission with a gold medal. The combat mission medals depend on time it took to complete the mission, accuracy and headshots. I suggest you change the Targeting Skill to casual. You can complete any mission you wish but a relatively easy combat mission to complete is ‘Landon Ricketts Rides Again’. If you have already completed this mission and wish to return to any mission which you have completed, head into start Menu, then Stats and finally Missions. Note: The game saves your best stats, regardless if you repeat the same mission. Only the fastest time stays aswell as best accuracy and highest headshots amount. This makes it easy to concentrate on one aspect if your finding it hard.
Manifest Destiny (Bronze)
Kill the last buffalo in the Great Plains in Single Player
- The buffalo can be located west of Blackwater and also near Thieves’ Landing. Kill as many as possible before they scatter, they will however return regroup keep doing this until there is one left once you kill the last one this trophy is yours. If for some reason the last buffalo gets away return to that place and you will see it being chased by hunters.
On the Trail of De Vaca (Bronze)
Uncover every location on the map in Single Player
- The easiest way to uncover every location is to buy the territory maps from the general store. They unlock each location on the map in that specific territory. There are 94 locations that must be discovered, go to the Start Menu and then Stats and finally General, you will be able to see the total locations discovered. In total there are 8 maps. Heres a list of the Cost and Location of each map.
- Cholla Springs Map: $30, Armadillo General store.
- Gaptooth Ridge Map: $40, Armadillo General store.
- Rio Bravo Map: $35, Thieves’ Landing General store.
- Hennigan’s Map: $25, Hennigan’s Stead General store.
- Perdido Map: $45, Chuparosa General store.
- Diez Coronas Map: $50, Chuparosa General store.
- Tall Trees Map: $60, Manzanita Post General store.
- Great Plains Map: $55, Blackwater General store.
Friends in High Places (Bronze)
Use a Pardon Letter with more than $5,000 bounty in Single Player
- There are a few requirements before you can attempt this trophy. First off you will need access to Blackwater, you will need the bandanna and you will need at least one pardon letter, and finally strong weapons and a good amount of ammunition. Once you have all the requirements head into Blackwater and follow the video guide. Once you hit the $5,000 mark duck and wait for your wanted level to drop and then head over to the train station and use the pardon letter.[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=x_4OUm8BoVw[/youtube]
Attain 100% in the Single Player Game Completion stat
- You can view your progress in your menu. Press start to bring up the in game menu, from there go into Stats and afterwards into General. Here you can view your progress. Heres a list of the requirements for this trophy.
- Complete all Main Story Missions: 57
- Complete all Gang Hideouts: 7 – Refer to ‘Austin Overpowered’,'Evil Spirits’, and ‘Instinto Asesino’ trophies.
- Collect the Specific outfits: 9 – The outfits are as follows. Elegant Suit, Rancher, Poncho, Bollard Twins, Treasure Hunters, Bandito, Reyes’ Rebels, U.S. Army, and U.S. Marshal.
- Collect all rare weapons: 5 – Refer to ‘Exquisite Taste’ trophy.
- Purchase all houses: 13 – MacFarlane’s Ranch (given), Armadillo, Rathskellar Fork, Thieves Landing, Puerto Cuchilla (given), Chuparosa, Escalera, El-Matadero, Casa Madrugada, Blackwater Saloon (given), Manzanita Post, Beecher’s Hope (given), Beecher’s Hope (Save point transfer, counts as another safehouse)
- Work all Jobs: 5 – Horsebreaking: Ridgewood farm and Chuparosa, Nightwatch: MacFarlane’s Ranch, Chuparosa, and Blackwater.
- Complete all four challenges (obtain Legendary Rank):4 – Refer to ‘Frontiersman’ trophy.
- Complete all Bounty Locations: 20 – New Heaven Bounty’s – 8, Mexico Bounty’s – 8, West Elizabeth Bounty’s – 4.
- Help out all Strangers: 18 – Refer to ‘People are Still Strange’ trophy. Note: The ‘I know you’ stranger mission is not required.
- Win at all mini games: 6 – You must win at each of the following games, Blackjack, Poker, Liars Dice, Arm Wrestling, Horse Shoes and 5 Finger Fillet.
- Discover all Map locations: 94 – Refer to ‘On the Trail of De Vaca’ trophy.