Red Dead Redemption – Trophy Guide
Spurred to Victory (Bronze)
Complete 20 story missions without switching to a new horse at a hitching post
- For this trophy you must not allow your horse to die or hitch/save another horse. Avoid combat with your horse and be wary of animals as some tend to attack your horse. Some time at the start of the game there will be a mission with Bonnie where you will be forced to keep a new horse, don’t worry this does not reset the count, also there will be a mission when you head over to Mexico, just whistle for your horse after that mission to avoid reseting the count. Complete 20 missions with the same horse and this one is yours. Note: This trophy can be potentiality missed. Repeating story missions via the Start Menu does not count towards this trophy.
Heading South on a White Bronco (Bronze)
Evade the U.S. Marshals while riding the Hungarian Half-Bred horse
- First off you will need the Hungarian Half-Bred horse (refer to ‘Buckin’ Awesome’ trophy). Once you have the horse ride into Armadillo. Then hide in the sallon, either behind the bar or on the above floor. You need to rack up around $1,500 to $2,000. Then evade the sheriffs and set up camp or sleep. As soon as you save you will be notified that the U.S. Marshals are after you, either evade or kill with your horse to attain this trophy. Heres a video reference. [youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_Z13aBQwS64[/youtube]
Mowing Them Down (Sliver)
Kill 500 enemies with a mounted weapon in any game mode
- This trophy is not cumulative between Single Player and Multiplayer. The best place to obtain 500 kills with a mounted weapon in Single Player is in El Presidio, Mexico. There is a jail close to there and has a mounted cannon on it (you visit this place in the mission ‘An Appointed Time’). Brew up trouble with the law and lead them here and start mowing them down. After your 500th kill this trophy will appear.
In A Hail of Bullets (Silver)
Kill 500 enemies with any pistol or revolver in any game mode
- This trophy is not cumulative between Single Player and Multiplayer. Pretty straight forward, whip out your pistol or revolver and start a hail of bullets. Once you kill your 500th enemy this trophy shall appear. You can view your progress in the Combat Stats page.
Long Arm of Marston (Silver)
Kill 500 enemies with any rifle, repeater, or shotgun in any game mode
- This trophy is not cumulative between Single Player and Multiplayer. Also self explanatory, use your long arm to whip up 500 kills, after the 500th you should attain this trophy. You can view your progress in the Combat Stats page.
Get 250 headshots in any game mode
- This trophy is not cumulative between Single Player and Multiplayer. Every weapon counts towards this trophy, you should be able to get this in Single Player mode any where around the end of Mexico or even before, depending on your skill. Dead Eye also helps contribute to this trophy.
Unnatural Selection (Bronze)
Kill one of every animal species in the game in any game mode
- In total there is 26 wild animals that you must kill at least once. Domestic animals do not count. You can check your progress in the Misc Stats page. Heres a list of all the animals needed as well as general areas where they are found.
- Armadillo: Near Armadillo and in Mexico.
- Bears: Tall Trees.
- Beavers: Tall Trees.
- Bighorn: Tall Trees and Mexico.
- Boars: Tall Trees and Pike’s Basin.
- Bobcats: Tall Trees and Mexico.
- Buffalo: Great plains.
- Cougars: Tall Trees and Mexico.
- Coyote: Mexico.
- Crows: New Austin, Mexico and West Elizabeth.
- Deer: New Austin, Mexico and West Elizabeth.
- Ducks: Mexico. (Also during the stranger mission ‘Remember my Family’)
- Eagles: Tall Trees.
- Elk: Tall Trees.
- Foxes: Tall Trees and Riley’s Charge.
- Hawks: Mexico and the Frontier.
- Wild Horses: New Austin, Mexico and West Elizabeth (Must not have a saddle on it’s back).
- Owls: New Austin, Mexico and West Elizabeth (Only at night).
- Rabbits: New Austin, Mexico and West Elizabeth.
- Raccoons: New Austin, Mexico and West Elizabeth.
- Seagulls: Blackwater.
- Skunks: MacFarlane Ranch and the Frontier.
- Snakes: New Austin, Mexico and West Elizabeth (Try to listen for hissing and rattling sounds).
- Songbirds: New Austin, Mexico and West Elizabeth.
- Vultures: New Austin, Mexico and West Elizabeth.
- Wolves: Tall Trees.
Have Gun Will Travel (Silver)
Complete all Hideouts in single public Free Roam session.
- Once online and in a Free Roam session, check your map for bandit heads. These are the hideouts, complete them with a posse or by yourself in one free roam session and this trophy is in the bag. All must completed in one sessions.
Slow on The Draw (Bronze)
Get 10 assists in a single Hideout in public Free Roam session
- You will have to head to a single Hideout, I suggest the Gaptooth Breach Hideout. Shoot the enemies in the foot or anywhere only once with a pistol and let your friends or other people finish them off. This only counts if you see the Assist Kill prompt. You must get 10 Assist kills in one Hideout. After the 10th Assist kill this trophy is yours for the keeping.
Hit the Trailer (Bronze)
Get from Blackwater to Escalera before sundown in a public Free Roam session
- Once you enter a Free Roam session head for Blackwater. Either wait till you have a horse or steal one for this trophy. Once in Blackwater set a waypoint for Escalera and wait for Sunrise, once Sunrise appears starting riding towards Escalera and follow the waypoint, make sure to sprint with your horse as if you don’t make it in time you will have to redo all of this.
Posse Up (Bronze)
Create a posse and get the maximum number of members
- Enter Public Free Roam session and make sure to take your friends. Create a posse by sending invites via the select menu. Once you invited (and they accepted the invite) head into another Free Roam session and your posse will follow you then invite everyone in that Free Roam session. Repeat if necessary until you have a posse of eight people including yourself.
The Quick and Everyone Else… (Silver)
Be the top scoring player in any three consecutive FFA games in public matches
- You must be the top scoring player in three consecutive Free For All public matches. Easy way is to get a friend to help you and let you kill them, and if any one enters you can vote to kick them out. Do this for three matches and this one shall be yours.
How the West Was Won (Silver)
Reach the top rank for multiplayer experience
- The top rank is level 50 with 337,110 XP. Keep playing online till you reach this level, however ever you can also complete Solomon’s Folly Hideout to gain fast XP in two or so minutes. Note: Patch 1.02 has lowered the amount of XP you earn from the Solomon’s Folly Hideout. Do not download the patch if you wish to get this trophy quickly. Once you obtain it you can download the patch.
Go Team (Silver)
Be on the winning team for four consecutive victories in any team based game in public matches
- Easiest done with a couple of friends. Head into any Gang Match mode and make sure you are on the winning team for four consecutive games. If any one unknown enters vote to kick him via the select menu.
Most Wanted (Bronze)
Maintain a max wanted level for 10 minutes and escape alive in a public Free Roam session
- Head into MacFarlane’s Ranch in a public Free Roam session. Start killing everything including animals and humans as it raises your bounty. Once the sheriffs chase you head into the horse stable and climb up. Kill the sheriffs until you have a bounty of $1,000. Once you hit that mark you will become the Most Wanted. Make sure your friends protect you from other players or just vote to kick them. After 10 minutes are up, jump on your horse and evade the sheriffs.
Read Dead Rockstar (Bronze)
Kill a Rockstar or someone with this trophy in a public multiplayer match.
- This trophy is pretty viral, either kill a Rockstar player or someone who has this trophy. It can be done in Free Roam also. Start killing and in no time you shall have this trophy.