Tactics Ogre: Let Us Cling Together Making Triumphant Return
Tactics Ogre: Let Us Cling Together was originally released 15 years ago on the Super Famicom, which then re-released on the Sega Saturn and finally spread its RPG charms on the PlayStation in 1997. A remake of the one of the most popular role-playing games in history has today been announced for the PSP, by few of the key members of the original development team as well as the team behind the Final Fantasy Tactics series, Vagrant Story, Final Fantasy XIII. The game has been confirmed for North American and PAL region releases, under its original title Tactics Ogre: Let Us Cling Together.
The triumphant return of Tactics Ogre: Let Us Cling Together will be a complete reinvention of the strategy role-playing game. Tactics Ogre: Let Us Cling Together is described as “being reborn from the ground up” with “reworked visuals and effects, a re-arranged soundtrack by the original composers, new character growth mechanics and a new Wheel of Fortune system” that will consequently add a valuable amount of replayability into the game.
While the game’s story wasn’t detailed in-depth (Long ago, power was everything. It was a time called Xytegenia, where metal, and evil that was enshrouded in darkness was in control.), Tactic Ogre’s features gives a better idea of what to expect from the RPG:
- From the creators of FINAL FANTASY TACTICS, VAGRANT STORY and FINAL FANTASY XII. The original TACTICS OGRE development team reform to revitalizetheir iconic title.
- Tactical, turn-based battles are brought to life with stunning graphics, sounds and animation.
- New 3D maps that enhance the concept of height and improved battle engine, offering more compelling and realistic battles than ever before.
- Uncover the truth in a gripping tale of intrigue, betrayal and heroism.
- Near-endless customization and hundreds of abilities to choose from.
- New characters not included in the original game.
- New Battle Skill ability, adds to the range of play beyond Magic and
- Special abilities.
- New graphics, music, gameplay and much more make this the definitive version of TACTICS OGRE.
- New and improved visuals that create a TACTICS OGRE experience with
- more detail than ever before.
- Re-arranged soundtrack from the original composers including 15 new
The timing of the release for Tactics Ogre: Let Us Cling Together has yet to be confirmed, but Square Enix said a one will be announced in the future. For more on the popular RPG, be sure to check out Square Enix’s official website.