MAG to Receive a Massive Action Patch This August
Since MAG hit earlier this year, it is one of the few games that keeps on giving to those who joined in on the Shadow War. Everything from free DLC to paid DLC, to various patches, the MAG team over at Zipper Interactive has shown some massive support for their 256-player fragfest. Awesome news for all you MAGers out there: Zipper Interactive has just announced patch v.1.07 and you’re in for quite a tasty treat of updates and fixes with their latest update.
Hitting during the first week of August, patch v.1.07 will implement the following:
- A double XP ”Happy Hour” is being introduced. For the first hour of every 24-hours you play the game will reward you with double XP. How sweet is that?!
- Suppression mode will be following in the footsteps of Sabotage mode by becoming ‘faction neutral’.
- Improved coding for downloading patches to decrease the overall time.
- Flores Basin (Raven) and Alyeska Terminus (Valor) Domination maps are receiving makeovers to fix exploits and add news obstacles to spice things up a bit.
- Remember how everyone complained that MAG’s graphics are ‘ugly’ however at times it’s pushing 256-players on screen at once? Zipper Interactive is making improvements to the lighting engine to give everything a more realistic look and feel. Sweeet.
- Miscellaneous ‘fixes and updates’ to improve the overall MAG experience.
If you’ve been wondering if you should journey to your local MAG ‘recruitment station’ (aka your favorite game store) to join the battle , check out our review for MAG.
For those of you who (still) own MAG, do you still represent your faction on a weekly basis or have you resigned from the Shadow War? If so, will the latest update recruit you back to the battlefield?