BlazBlue: Continuum Shift Character DLC Announced
Arc System Works and Zen United have announced a brand new character will be joining the “ever expanding BlazBlue universe.” Valkenhayn R Hellsing is described as the most hotly anticipated of BlazBlue’s downloadable characters who brings a whole new fighting style to the title.
Valkenhayn R Hellsing main techniques and features include:
- Valkenhayn, previously a non-playable character in the BlazBlue story mode as Rachel Alucard’s butler, now joins the fray as a playable fighter.
- The key to his fighting style is a Drive ability that allows him to transform into a werewolf at the touch of a button.
- His human form gives him range, but greatly reduced speed.
- His wolf form makes him fast, powerful and agile – allowing him to close distances almost instantaneously.
- Valkenhayn is unable to block in Wolf form and reverts to human form if damaged.
- A regenerating wolf Gauge allows Valkenhayn to transform into a wolf at will as long as the gauge is not exhausted.
- Although predominantly a close range character, using Valkenhayn’s speed and agility, advanced players will be able to dominate all sectors of the screen.
- The DLC will also include brand new Tutorials and Challenge mode for Valkenhayn.
Valkenhayn R Hellsing will be available alongside previously announced DLC character Makoto Nanaya when BlazBlue: Continuum Shift releases sometime in October. Check out the character in action below via some footage and screens.