Treyarch Details Call of Duty: Black Ops Updates
Treyarch’s Community Manager Josh Olin has stated the developer is to release several updates for the PlayStation 3 version of Call of Duty: Black Ops to help remedy the various issues affecting the shooter.
The details of what is being fixed and will be included in the updates are the following:
- Villa: User can clip into rock at west edge of grid zone B2 and see through to the other side
- Crisis: User can clip into LVT between grid zone A3 and B3 and see through to the other side
- User can get an infinite number of ‘Sam Turret’, ‘Care Package’ and ‘Sentry Gun’ killstreaks (commonly referred to as the “care package glitch”)
- Radar sweep when there are only 2 players left in One in the Chamber will stop functioning if the 2 players have multiple lives when the sweep starts
- Crash when viewing content (films, clips, etc) in the Community & Recent Games menu
- Users’ rank and stats can get wiped under very specific conditions
- Online number counts were not updating properly; these are now reporting exact online numbers
- Parties getting disbanded when host did not find a match quickly
- Improved matchmaking to find matches faster
- Improved match and host selection; will result in much better networking conditions for all games (a.k.a., decreased lag)
- Weekly and Monthly leaderboards stats reporting incorrectly for kills, deaths and assists (All Time leaderboard not affected by this)
- Additional improvements to party system
Call of Duty: Black Ops released on Tuesday and became the biggest entertainment launch in history – the accolade which Modern Warfare 2 previously held.