Treyarch Strategically Adjusts Black Ops with Title Update 7
Even though Killzone 3 has absorbed the attention of FPS fans for the past couple weeks, there are still millions of gamers who are continuing to compete in last year’s best selling Call of Duty: Black Ops. The game has suffered from several issues since its inception last November, but Treyarch is continuing to prove that they wish to continue to support the title.
The patch notes for Call of Duty: Black Ops‘ title update 7 have been released. This patch is currently being approved by Sony, and should be out soon.
- Matchmaking improvements to return higher quality results faster. This change includes settings that are tunable in the live environment, so tweaking may continue beyond initial release of this update.
- The in-game store now hides DLC map packs that do not match the language of the player’s disc to decrease the possibility of users downloading the incorrect language version.
- Calling in a Chopper Gunner immediately after getting shot down in a Gunship will no longer end the Chopper Gunner run prematurely. Required timing-specific button presses.
- Split screen players are now able to change camera perspectives and cycle through players as a spectator.
- Addressed an issue where the most recent match played in Zombies could overwrite the best match played on the leaderboard.
- Improved Zombies lobbies to prevent players from erroneously receiving the error “Unable to join game session” under certain circumstances.
- Addressed a number of community-discovered Zombies gameplay exploits.
- Additional security feature updates.
- Additional sniper rifle tuning.
The additions to security and sniper rifle tuning are the most eye-catching of the bunch. The PlayStation 3 version has been hit with exploit issues since the security breach last month. On the other hand, sniping in Black Ops has remained irrelevant, unlike the powerful nature of Killzone 3‘s long-range repertoire. Look out for this update in the coming week or so.