Super Street Fighter IV: Arcade Edition Coming as DLC
Super Street Fighter IV was released as an expansion to the original fourth installment of the beloved franchise, but that isn’t stopping Capcom from releasing more content with another moniker tacked on.
After Yoshinori Ono talked about the possible release of this new content digitally last October, news has been pretty sparse. As it turns out, Yang, Yun, Evil Ryu and Oni will be coming to console after all, after we originally thought that this release was going to be an arcade exclusive. While the trailers that have been leaked out have since been removed by Capcom, here is the information that has been learned so far.
• This will be a DLC (Downloadable Content) release, a disc release was not mentioned.
• The console version will receive a “Supercharged online upgrade.”
• The Replay Channel has been enhanced. My Channel now enables you to send your favorite replay data to other players.
• The Elite Channel will let people view plays of players with a PP total of 3,000 or more.
• A Replay Follower will be available, allowing you to track well known players. You can find them via a search.
• Support for additional alternative costumes.
• Character balancing tweaks from the Arcade Edition release.
• The titles you pick are now shown in game, along with BP (Battle Points) and PP (Player Points).
• Versus Battles against regular SSFIV players will also be supported, Capcom states “Get out there and duke it out with the version you like best!”