Alien Spidy Revealed For PlayStation Vita, Includes User-Generated Content
It’s a good time to join the PlayStation family, with the PS3 having been cut to an affordable price and the upcoming PlayStation Vita starting to look better every day. Along with the announcement of several social apps, Sony revealed a new IP at gamescom for the PSV called Escape Plan, now, they have announced yet another game.
Titled Alien Spidy, the game follows the story of “a strange and friendly being from outer space with special powers and the size and look of an earthling spider.” Spidy must face a tiny world of insects in order to rescue his alien friend from the evil Mantis Emperor Virgi in over 25 levels.
The key features highlighted are:
- Game mechanics base on controlled physics
- Collect power-ups and items for special abilities
- Great variety of enemies, including Final Bosses
- Over 20 different game maps of great beauty and fun
- A fresh story with an original and humorous plot
- Use Spidy’s friends skills to surpass obstacles and threats
- Unblock new game content solving puzzles and performing achievements
- Co-Op & Competitive multiplayer modes for up to 4 different aliens
- Create, play and share your own game maps with the Online Community
The map editor allows for user generated content, so you can create new game maps to play and share.
The Official PlayStation site’s listing for the game says that the game will have cross format compatibility with the PS3, but this has not been confirmed.