Dead Island – Trophy Guide
If mainstream media has proven anything, it’s that people can never have enough zombies. Techland took note of our insatiable lust for brain-eaters, and gave us an entire island to kill zombies in. With 1 Gold, 11 Silver, 36 Bronze and a Platinum, Dead Island is a relatively easy conquest for the average trophy hunter – as long as you don’t mind getting a little bloody.
Platinum Trophy (Platinum) – Collect all other trophies
– Read the rest of the guide!
Rootin’ Tootin’ Lootin’ (Gold) – Loot 5 Exceptional Weapons.
– Exceptional weapons are the best types of weapons which have an orange name. Playing through the game once will get you about 1~3 of them if you are lucky enough. After completing your first playthrough, I would suggest following this method:
Thanks to Earthblaster for the vid.
Tis but a flesh wound! (Bronze) – Sever 100 limbs.
– Aim at the zombie arm or leg and swing (knife/sword/machete) – it has to be a sharp weapon. Simply cut 100 limbs and the trophy is yours.
There and back again (Silver) – Explore the entire island.
– There are 72 locations in total, and you need to explore every green area. If you are having difficulties then use this map.
Catch! (Bronze) - Kill the infected with a grenade blast.
– Infected zombies are the ones that run very fast and attack you. You need to kill 1 of them with a grenade and NOT a created bomb…
Road Trip (Bronze) - Drive a total distance of 10 kilometers.
– Will come naturally once you have access to the jeep. Just keep driving until you get it
Cardio (Bronze) – Travel a distance of 20 kilometers on foot.
– Will come naturally since you will be exploring a lot.
Swing them sticks (Silver) – Kill 150 enemies using Analog Fighting controls.
– Go to options and change the fighting controls to “analog.” This option is for professional players since you need to aim and swing precisely with the analog, but you can learn it with trial and error. Kill 150 zombies and the trophy is yours.
Gesundheit! (Bronze) – Heal yourself with a medkit 100 times.
– Equip medkits and keep using them. This will probably come naturally as you play the game, or you can just buy many and keep using them.
Light my fare (Bronze) – Set 10 zombies on fire simultaneously.
– This has to be the hardest trophy in my opinion. You need to throw a Molotov bottle and burn 10 zombies (not kill). The best method I found is doing this in coop online:
- Go to ACT 2 and stand on top of a car and then let your friend lure 10 zombies
- Drop the Molotov on the cars roof and it should burn 10 zombies
10 heads are better than 1 (Bronze) – Kill 10 zombies in a row with headshots.
– Hide behind a fence or on top of a car and lure a few zombies. Make sure you aim at their heads and shoot using a pistol, and only use single shots as the kills have to be in a row.
A taste of everything (Bronze) – Kill a zombie with 10 different melee weapons.
– This will come naturally, just keep killing zombies with weapons you find. Once you kill with the 10th weapon the trophy should unlock.
One is all I need (Bronze) – Kill 5 infected in a row with a single blow.
– You need to kill those running zombies that attack you in a row with 1 blow. The best method I found is to join a low level person while you are high level, then, use a good sword or hammer and just make sure you kill infected zombies ONLY. Kill 5 in a row and the trophy is yours.
Can’t touch this (Bronze) – Use a hammer to kill a series of 15 zombies without taking damage.
– Same method as “one is all I need”, but this time use a hammer and kill 15 zombies of any kind without getting hit. Make sure to check the trophy progress in the extra menu in case you get hit.
Humanitarian (Bronze) – Kill 50 human enemies.
– Human enemies appear in ACT 2 with guns. Kill 50 and the trophy is yours.
Tae Kwon Leap (Bronze) – Kill 25 zombies with your bare fists.
– Unequip your weapon and just kill zombies using your fists. Kill 25 and the trophy is yours.
I want one of those (Silver) – Customize 25 weapons.
– While playing and completing quests, you get blueprints for modifying weapons (adding fire/electric/nails etc). At the workbench, customize 25 weapons (can be same type) and the trophy is yours.
Karma-geddon (Bronze) – Kill 50 zombies using a vehicle.
– While driving the jeep or van, just run over 50 zombies along the way, something you will probably unlock anyway.
To put it bluntly (Bronze) – Kill 250 zombies using blunt melee weapons.
– Blunt weapons include pipes, hammers, paddles, batons etc… They are not sharp. Kill 250 zombies with blunt weapons on any playthrough and the trophy is yours.
Hack & Slash (Bronze) – Kill 250 zombies using edged melee weapons.
– Edged weapons include knives, swords, machetes etc… Sharp weapons in other words. Kill 250 zombies with sharp weapons on any playthrough to unlock the trophy.
Guns don’t kill but they help (Bronze) – Kill 250 zombies using firearms.
– Fire arms are guns, assault rifles and shotguns. Kill 250 with those weapons on any playthrough and the trophy is yours.
Need a hand? (Bronze) – Join another player’s game.
– Make sure the online is enabled while you are playing, then just join another person’s lobby.
Warranty Void if Used (Bronze) - Create a customized weapon.
– Go the workbench and just create a weapon of your choice. Make sure you have a couple of blueprints before that.
Gotta find’em all (Bronze) – Find 60 collectibles.
– See “nearly there”
Nearly there (Bronze) – Find 120 collectibles.
– Collection in this game is easy. You need to collect books, ids and tape recordings, but once you finish your first playthrough, you can go back and collect the same items over and over by going to chapter select. That means that the collection isn’t unique, and, with a little repetition, can easily be unlocked.
Steam Punk (Silver) – Create weapons to rival the gods of fire or thunder.
– You need a blueprint for this. Create a weapon with fire or electric modification and the trophy is yours.
Originality (Bronze) – Play in a co-op team of 4 different playable characters.
– This has to be done online. You need to join a room with 3 different characters from yours and every character should be different. Best done with friends so you guarantee that everyone is different.
Together in the light (Bronze) – Complete 5 quests in a single co-op game with the same partners.
– Join a game online, preferably with friends and complete 5 quests in a row without quitting.
Going steady (Bronze) – Complete 25 quest while playing with at least one co-op partner.
– This is cumulative and can be done at any time, but it must be done online with at least 1 online partner.
Rageman (Bronze) – Kill 100 enemies with fury attacks.
– Activate fury once the bar is filled and kill 100 enemies. This is cumulative and not in 1 fury attack.
People Person (Bronze) – Play with 10 different co-op partners for at least 15 minutes each.
– Join an online lobby and try to stay 15 minutes with each partner. You will know when 15 minutes are done because you will get a trophy notification popup on your right side.
Ménage à trois (Bronze) – Complete 5 quest with 3 co-op partners.
– This has to be online and best done with friends. Just complete 5 quests with 3 friends.
Right 4 Life (Silver) – Complete act I with 4 different characters.
– Simple but time consuming: Once you finish the game just go back and pick a new character you haven’t played with and then just complete ACT 1 with each player. Act 1 is from CH 1 to 4.
A very special day (Bronze) – Kill 250 zombies with modified weapons.
– Modified weapons are weapons you create at the workbench, such as a hammer with an electric shock or a baton with nails. Kill 250 zombies with these weapons to unlock the trophy.
School of hard knocks (Silver) – Reach level 50.
– Level 50 is a long grind but there is a small exploit to get you there faster. Once you reach the jungle and finish the arena at the holy temple, there will be a quest giver that asks you to get him some item. And for each 5 of those items he will give you 1000 exp. Hold L1 to aim then hold triangle and press R1 to throw + drop item. Make sure you do this with an expensive weapon (5~9k$) at least, but you will need about 3milion exp for lvl 50. If you have a turbo stick it will help a lot when you buy or return to the quest.
Knock, Knock (Bronze) – Breach a locked door with the first blow.
– When you arrive at a locked door, you will have a bar with a red line in the middle. Try to get the white line exactly on the red line on your first try. Don’t worry too much about this since there are plenty of locked doors to try this trophy on.
Busy, busy, busy (Silver) – Finish 75 quests cumulatively.
– Try to do this on your first playthough and just do as many side quests as you can. There are plenty of quests so don’t worry if you miss a few.
Learning the ropes (Bronze) – Reach level 10.
– See “School of hard knocks”
Dedicated student (Bronze) – Reach level 25.
– See “School of hard knocks”
Everybody lies (Bronze) – Use a large medkit to heal an injury of 5% or less.
– This is 5% health gone, rather than 5% left. Get hit and then just auto recover HP until your HP bar is around 97~98% full with a tiny bit of health gone. Use a large medipack and the trophy should unlock.
Hell in paradise (Silver) – Complete act I.
– Act 1 is from chapter 1~4. Complete those chapters and the trophy will unlock.
No raccoons in here (Silver) – Complete act II.
– Act 2 is from chapters 5~9. Complete those chapters and the trophy will unlock.
King of the jungle (Silver) – Complete act III.
– Act 3 is from chapters 10~15. Complete those chapters and the trophy will unlock.
Banoi Redemption (Silver) – Complete act IV.
– Act 4 is from chapters 16~18. Complete those chapters and the trophy will unlock.
How many days exactly? (Bronze) – Play Dead Island at least 28 days after starting it for the first time.
– You can either play 28 days of Dead Island or alter the time on your PS3 clock and forward it 28 days under the system settings.
Savior (Bronze) – Save 5 people besieged by zombies.
– These people can be found while you are playing and they give you a side quest on the spot to help them out while being attacked by zombies. The first time I encountered this is when I saw a guy stuck in a jeep and zombies trying to kill him from the outside. Killing those zombies will save the guy and get the quest done, and simply repeat this for 4 others and the trophy is yours.