Gran Turismo 5 DLC Finally Rolls Onto the Track
Yesterday we saw one of the most content-rich patches in gaming history with Gran Turismo 5‘s Spec 2.0 update. Not only did it address nearly every criticism that the game has received since launch, but it added more content for those looking for a reason to jump back into the world of racing simulation. However, there was one thing left unaddressed in the update: downloadable content. Don’t worry, though, as next week’s PlayStation Store update will bring enough content to get you back onto the track.
Gran Turismo 5‘s first round of DLC will provide the following options for your wallet:
Course Pack (2 Tracks, 5 layouts for $4.99)
- Spa Francorchamps
- Kart Space I/II
Racing Car Pack (15 cars for $7.99)
- Red Bull X2011 Protytpe ’11
- Dodge Challenger SRT8 Touring Car
- Honda CR-Z Touring Car
- Mazda Roadster Touring Car
- Mazda RX-7 Touring Car
- Mitsubishi Lancer Evolution X Touring Car
- Nissan GT-R R35 Touring Car
- Nissan Skyline GT-R R33 Touring Car
- Nissan Skyline GT-R R32 Touring Car
- Nissan Skyline GT-R R34 Touring Car
- Subaru Impreza Touring Car
- Toyota Prius Touring Car
- Gran Turismo Racing Kart Jr.
- Gran Turismo Racing Kart 100
- Gran Turismo Racing Kart 125
Racing Gear Pack (90 items for $2.99)
- Includes suits and helmets of 8 famous WRC and NASCAR drivers and 12 new helmets.
Paint Pack (100 colors for $1.99)
- Includes 100 new paint colors.
Complete Pack (everything above for $11.99)
- Includes all content mentioned above in one bundle.
You’re probably just wanting to see a new Gran Turismo altogether, but despite Gran Turismo 5‘s 2010 release, the routine patching and additional content has evolved the experience into a completely new and improved beast. Loading times are down, Performance Points offer balance, online features make it more competitively engrossing, and more cars means more power.
This DLC will be available next week on the PlayStation Store’s October 18th update. Look below for a preview of a few of the many items that’ll be available for purchase.