New Resistance: Burning Skies Walkthrough Reveals New Details
The PlayStation Vita is getting its own installment of the FPS series Resistance, courtesy of Nihilistic Software. Today, a new video showing a developer walkthrough of the upcoming title was released and it shows some details that gamers might not have been aware of.
Nihilistic Studio Director Rob Huebner talks about the game’s features as Producer Frank Simon plays along. The video is of the George Washington Bridge level, which occurs midway through the game, and is packed with Chimera attempting to take over the East Coast.
Here are the details revealed during the video:
- Protagonist Tom Riley appears to be armed with Resistance staple weapon, the M5A2 Carbine, at the beginning of the video.
- Aiming down the sights is handled with the left shoulder button. The fire axe melee and grenades can always be accessed via the front touch screen (which can also be aimed by players dragging their fingers across the front touch screen to an enemy’s location). Grenades can also be cooked by holding onto the grenade button.
- Resistance: Burning Skies uses a cover system, which the left shoulder button can be used to peek out from behind.
- The weapon wheel returns and is front touch screen enabled.
- The player has access to a Chimera sniper rifle called the Sixeye. The secondary fire mode of the Sixeye is accessed via the front touch screen and enables players to implant their enemies with an explosive tag, which can take out a group of nearby enemies.
To see the walkthrough, click on the video below:
Resistance: Burning Skies is in development for PlayStation Vita and will be released sometime in 2012, but won’t be part of the Vita’s launch lineup.