JRPG Fans Rejoice as NIS America Announces Several New PS3 Exclusive Titles
Have you been feeling down lately? Played through all your anime and Japanese RPG games, but hunger for more? Well today is your lucky day, as NIS America has just announced several new titles in the works, all of them exclusive to the PlayStation 3. Read on to find out more details.
First up is Legasista. This is a survival-horror action RPG, set in a world where science has long been forgotten, and you play as a hero named Alto trying to bring back the “lost art of science”:
- Dungeon crawler-style action RPG: Form a team of 3 characters to explore the dungeons of the Ivy Tower! Characters can easily switch in and out from the frontline to the backline.
- Randomly-generated dungeons: Explore different dungeons and cash in on the loot!
- Personalities: Create your own character, from job class to unique personalities! The personality will greatly change the character’s fighting capabilities, so choose well!
- Customization: Customize your character fully with the character creation feature. Even weapons can be customized!
Up next is Mugen Souls, a strategy, turn-based RPG set in a “small galaxy in the universe containing seven worlds,” whose existences are about to be threatened by “The Undisputed Goddess” known as Chou-Chou. Other features as taken from the press release:
- Expansive worlds to explore: Travel freely on each world to explore and find treasures and items. Monsters are roaming about, so be cautious or fight them head-on and make them your subservient peons!
- Free-roaming style battle maps: Use Combo attacks to execute spectacular moves with your allies! Destroy Crystals on the battlefield to activate Hyper mode!
- Moe Kill: Execute the Moe Kill technique to enslave enemies and turn them into items by exploiting their weaknesses!
- Customization: Create a full cast of characters! Customizable body parts, facial expressions, and job classes!
Last but certainly not least is The Witch and the Hundred Knights, an action RPG where two powerful witches have been battling for over 100 years. The Swamp Witch has released the “Dark Knights” to destroy the Forest Witch, and the game gives you the choice to be either good or evil. Some more information is below:
- A hundred knights at your command: A plethora of ways to utilize your 100-man team! Multiple weapons: Equip up to 5 weapons to maximize your combo abilities!
- Chain attacks: The higher you build your chain, the greater damage you will unleash!
Legasista is being developed by System Prisma, and is scheduled to release in August on the PSN. Mugen Souls is being developed by Compile Heart/GCREST, and is set to release this coming fall. The Witch and the Hundred Knights is being developed by Nippon Ici Software, and is the furthest title out – it has a penciled-in date of Quarter 1, 2013. Which of these titles pique your interest the most? Let us know in the comments below, and stay with PlayStation LifeStyle for more on these titles as we receive the information.