PSLS.net Home

Max Payne 3 Shoots its Way to the Top, Trumps Diablo III in the UK

May 21, 2012 Written by Alex Osborn

The two juggernauts of May released last week, and Rockstar Games’ Max Payne 3 managed to beat out Diablo III in the UK, serving as last week’s number one selling game in the region.

There’s no doubt that Max had a leg up on the competition thanks to a multi-platform launch, but even still, this is a huge milestone for the franchise, with MP3 outdoing its predecessor 10:1 some eight years following the second game’s release. Not only that, but the game has now become the UK’s biggest launch of the year, trumping BioWare’s Mass Effect 3.

The sales breakdown was split fairly even between both versions of Max Payne 3, with the Xbox 360 version making up 58% of the total, leaving the remaining 42% for the PS3. Diablo III trailed the competition by 8,000 units.

Check out the full top 10 list below:

  1. Max Payne 3
  2. Diablo III
  3. FIFA Street
  4. Sniper Elite V2
  5. FIFA 12
  6. Prototype 2
  7. Modern Warfare 3
  8. Battlefield 3
  9. Assassin’s Creed: Revelations
  10. Mario and Sonic at the London Olympics

You can read our review of Max Payne 3 here.

[Source]