Capcom Announces Street Fighter 25th Anniversary Collector’s Set And Tournament Series
Capcom has announced a special compilation edition of Street Fighter games, in addition to an international tournament, to celebrate the fighter franchise’s 25th anniversary.
Capcom has announced the limited edition Street Fighter 25th Anniversary Collector’s Set for PS3 and Xbox 360, which includes a wide variety of Street Fighter content and a number of games from the Street Fighter franchise. The set will release on September 18th for both platforms and retail for $149.99.
The content included in the set is:
- Super Street Fighter II Turbo HD Remix
- Street Fighter III: 3rd Strike Online Edition
- Super Street Fighter IV Arcade Edition with all costume DLC
- Street Fighter X Tekken with all character and Swap Costume DLC
- A two disc Blu-ray set that includes a video documentary that highlights the influence of Street Fighter on fans — and vice versa — throughout the years. The set also includes: The anime videos from Street Fighter IV and Super Street Fighter IV, all of the episodes from the Street Fighter animated series, and Street Fighter II: The Animated Movie.
- An 8″ tall specially commissioned collectable Ryu statue, depicting him mid-Shoryuken with flames underneath.
- An 11 disc soundtrack containing game music, fan remixes, and fan game music.
- A 64 page hardcover art book that includes fan pieces from professional and aspiring artists alike.
- A full-size replica of Ryu’s belt that includes his classic “Fūrinkazan” in kanji.
- Each set comes individually numbered, complete with a certificate of authenticity.
Capcom has also announced a tournament series to celebrate the game’s anniversary, which will feature the following games: Street Fighter X Tekken, Super Street Fighter IV Arcade Edition, Street Fighter III 3rd Strike Online Edition, and Super Street Fighter II Turbo HD Remix. The tournaments will include over $500,000 worth of cash, non-cash prizing, and amenities. Below is the most current list of dates and locations for the tournaments, which are subject to change.
- July 28-29 in Austin, TX
- August 11-12 in the NY area (location pending)
- August 26 in Taipei, Taiwan (location pending)
- Mid-September in the Tokyo Region, Japan (date and location pending)
- September 27-30 in London, England (in conjunction with Eurogamer Expo)
- October 13-14 in Sao Paulo, Brazil (in conjunction with Brazil Game Show)
- October 27-28 in Los Angeles, CA
- October 31 – November 4 in Paris, France (in conjunction with Paris Games Week)
- December 8 Finals in San Francisco, CA
Capcom also announced the following about the tournaments:
Adding an extra level of white-knuckled excitement to the competition, the first-place Street Fighter X Tekken player will be crowned champion and be handed the keys to an all-new custom designed Scion FR-S Sports Coupe. Capcom has partnered with Scion, Five Axis and Sony Computer Entertainment America (SCEA), to create a one-of-a-kind Street Fighter-themed sports car, complete with video entertainment hardware from SCEA and a modified exterior from Five Axis including a custom FIVE:AD aero kit, spoiler, wheels, as well as many more premiere components from leading automotive aftermarket companies.
Finally, Capcom has announced that a new Street Fighter 25th Anniversary site will be created that will allow fans to share stories about how Street Fighter influenced their lives and will include all anniversary celebration details, including how to register for the tournament series. The site is coming soon and the URL is: http://www.streetfighter.com/sf25.
To view images of the Collector’s Set and the Street Fighter 25th Anniversary logo, click on the Media Gallery below:
Street Fighter fans: What do you think of the Collector’s Set and tournament announcements? Let us know in the comments!