PlayStation Network To Go Down For Scheduled Maintenance This Thursday In US And Europe
Sony has announced that the PlayStation Network will be down for scheduled maintenance this Thursday.
The PlayStation Network will be down for maintenance during the following times:
- US: Beginning at 8:00 am PDT / 10:00 am EDT and concluding around 11:00pm PDT / 2:00am EDT on Thursday, May 24th.
- Europe: Beginning at 16:00 (BST) on Thursday, May 24th and concluding around 08:00 (BST) on Friday, May 25th.
The US PS Blog reports that online multiplayer will not be affected and users will be able to access apps such as Netflix and Amazon Instant Video, provided that they have signed into PSN within 5 days prior to the start of the maintenance period. When attempting to access PlayStation Home or the PlayStation Store, users might see a message that reads: “PlayStation Network is undergoing maintenance.”
The European PS Blog reports that users will be unable to access the following services:
- PlayStation Store on PS3, PSP and PS Vita.
- PlayStation Network Account Management.
- PlayStation Network Account Registration.
In Europe, online play will be affected, and if users wish to play online during the maintenance, that they may be able to if they sign into PSN prior to the beginning of maintenance. Obviously, users can continue to collect in-game Trophies and earned Trophies will be updated on user profiles once the PSN has been restored.
If there are any updates about the PlayStation Network’s maintenance, PSLS will keep you posted.