Free Mass Effect 3 Rebellion Pack Multiplayer DLC Coming Next Tuesday
BioWare has announced the release of upcoming free DLC for Mass Effect 3‘s online multiplayer mode.
Mass Effect 3‘s Rebellion Pack will release for free worldwide to players who have redeemed Online Passes on May 29th (PS3, Xbox 360, and PC). However, PS3 users in Europe will see the pack’s release on May 30th. (A listing for the DLC had previously been leaked on a Sony Hong Kong site.)
The pack contains new characters who have new abilities and unique loadouts, new weapons, a new objective for missions, a new gear slot for the equipment screen, and new maps. The new characters and weapons will be made available inside existing Reinforcement Packs.
The new characters are:
- Vorcha Soldier (with Bloodlust ability)
- Vorcha Sentinel (with Flamer skill)
- Male Quarian Engineer (with Arc Grenade ability)
- Male Quarian Infiltrator (with Tactical Scan ability)
- Ex-Cerberus Vanguard (with new Lash attack)
- Ex-Cerberus Adept (with Smash and Singularity)
The new maps are Firebase Jade (a salarian facility ancient reservoir surrounded by waterfalls) and Firebase Goddess (a map with a circular layout inside the center of a Thessian metropolis that combines heavy fire and elevated firing positions).
The weapons are described as follows:
- Cerberus Harrier Assault Rifle – These Cerberus-modified Mattock rifles are fully automatic. Cerberus gunsmiths reined in the recoil issues, resulting in a gun that stay on target, but delivers slightly less punch per round than a standard Mattock. As such, the weapon is typically utilized by Cerberus’ elite troopers, who train constantly to make every burst count.
- Reegar Carbine Shotgun – This electrical weapon improves upon the arc pistol’s design by generating a sustained current on its target. This weapon is named for the Quarian Reegar family, whose marines have served valiantly against the Geth.
- Krysae Sniper Rifle – This Turian antimaterial rifle is modified to kill Reaper enemies. The Krysae’s scope uses a rangefinder that adjusts to keep the target in proper proportion to the shooter, which comes in useful when the sniper is forced into close range. Its specialized ammunition is both armor-piercing and explosive. In a desperate move, the Turians released its specifications over the extranet so that nearly anyone with a fabricator could manufacture this weapon to help the war effort.
The new objective randomly occurs during waves 3, 6, and 10 and tasks players with retrieving a high-priority package and securely escorting it to a designated extraction zone on the map.
The new Gear slot on the Equipment screen offers a persistent gameplay bonus that won’t expire after the end of a match. The new items will vary from weapon upgrades to character enhancements and will be available through reinforcement packs.
To view screenshots of some of the new content, click on the Media Gallery below:
Mass Effect 3 owners: What do you think of the new DLC? Let us know in the comments!