Sony Announces PSN “Ultimate Editions”, Heavily Discounts PS3 Full Games and DLC on PSN
While the idea of digitally downloading a full PS3 game over PSN instead of having to wait for it to be delivered or having to go to the shop always seems attractive, the exorbitant prices are incredibly offputting. Luckily, SCEA plan to make things rather more affordable, and have announced a new pricing scheme for certain games.
Starting tomorrow, a bunch of PS3 Full Games and all of their DLC will be discounted by 30% for regular users and 50% for PS+ users.
The first games to have the “Ultimate Editions” treatment are:
- Red Dead Redemption with Legends and Killers, Liars and Cheats and Undead Nightmare – $27.99 ($19.59 for PlayStation Plus Members)
- InFAMOUS 2 Complete Edition – $33.99 ($23.79 for PlayStation Plus Members)
- BioShock 2 with Exclusive Character Pack, Minerva’s Den, The Protector Trials, Rapture Metro and Sinclair Solutions – $27.99 ($19.59 for PlayStation Plus Members)
- MotorStorm Apocalypse – $50.49 ($35.34 for PlayStation Plus Members)
- Call of Duty: Black Ops with First Strike, Escalation, Annihilation and Rezurrection Packs – $66.49 ($46.54 for PlayStation Plus Members)
- L.A. Noire: The Complete Edition – $27.99 ($19.59 for PlayStation Plus Member)
- Mafia II with Betrayal of Jimmy, Greaser Pack, Jimmy’s Vendetta, Joe’s Adventure, Renegade Pack, Vegas Pack and Hero Pack – $20.99 ($14.69 for PlayStation Plus Members)
- Just Cause 2 Ultimate Edition – $20.99 ($14.69 for PlayStation Plus Members)
- Mortal Kombat with the Warrior Bundle and Klassic Skins Pack 1 – $34.99 ($24.49 for PlayStation Plus Members)
The sale continues until 6/4, so if any of the titles catch your fancy, be sure to get them before the deadline expires. SCEA also promised that more games will be discounted in the future, so stick to PSLS to find out whether the games you have your eye on will have their prices slashed.