Assassin’s Creed 3: Liberation For Vita Outed
Before its alleged reveal for E3 on Monday, details for Assassin’s Creed 3: Liberation for the PlayStation Vita has been outed via the latest issue of Game Informer.
A NeoGAF user posted the details from the GI preview, which reveals there’ll be a female protagonist, as well as the following details:
- Releases on the same day as AC3 (October 30th)
- Location is New Orleans
- Female assassin named Aveline of mixed heritage
- Looks like same time period as AC3
- Ubisoft Sofia is developing
- Takes place between 1765-1780 in the period between the end of the French and Indian war
- One of the bullet points is that it’s “true AC gameplay”
- Will not connect to Desmond
- Will have “multiplayer specifically tailored to the Vita experience”
- “The game has been released as a propaganda tool by Abstergo, who want players to experience a gray area of the Assassin/Templar conflict as an assassin rather than a Templar”
- Aveline’s mentor is an escaped slave named Agate, leader of the assassins in New Orleans
- Wildlife like alligators “wait on the banks of the swamp or hide beneath murky waters”
- Liberation will also take players “across the Gulf into Mexico”
To add credence to the existence of a Vita version of Assassin’s Creed 3, the game was recently listed by retailer Zavvi.
Ubisoft’s E3 press conference commences on Monday at 3PM PST.