Sony Announces PSN PLAY Lineup, Reveals Release Date of Papo & Yo
Sony has announced the return of its PSN PLAY program, a summer showcase for upcoming PSN titles.
Sony’s PSN PLAY program enables gamers who buy two or more titles in the program to receive a cash voucher for use on PSN. Also, gamers who purchase games during the pre-order period will receive a PS3 XMB theme based on each game purchased. PSN users who are members of PlayStation Plus will be able to purchase PSN PLAY titles at a 20% discount for a limited time. The program begins on July 24th, when titles in the PLAY lineup will begin to become available for pre-order in the U.S., Canada, and Mexico.
The following bonuses will be issued for gamers who purchase two or more PSN PLAY titles from July 24th to August 28th:
- Gamers who purchase any 2 PLAY games will receive $3
- Gamers who purchase any 3 PLAY games will receive $6
- Gamers who purchase any 4 PLAY games will receive $10
The line-up of PLAY titles can be seen below. All games in the PLAY list can be pre-ordered for $14.99 for PSN users or $11.99 for PS+ members:
- The Expendables 2 Videogame (PS3) – Launches first exclusively on PSN. Pre-order beginning July 24th. The game releases on July 31st.
- Sound Shapes (PS3, PS Vita) – Pre-order beginning July 31st. The game releases on August 7th.
- Papo & Yo (PS3) – Pre-order beginning August 7th. The game releases on August 14th.
- Counter-Strike: Global Offensive (PS3) – Pre-order beginning August 14th. The game releases on August 21st.
Will you be participating in the PSN PLAY program? Let us know in the comments!