Street Fighter X Tekken Vita Release Date and Features Revealed, New Screenshots & Videos Released
Capcom has revealed plenty of information about Street Fighter X Tekken‘s PS Vita version, including the release date, features specific to the Vita version, and more. New screenshots and videos for the game have also been released.
First,Street Fighter X Tekken for PS Vita will release on October 23rd. The game will have up to three DLC codes for consumers to use:
- One DLC code comes with the game to unlock an extra 12 fighters, which will boost the game’s roster up to 55 fighters (adding to the core roster of 38 characters and the 5 PS3 exclusive characters included in the game).
- One DLC code comes with the game to unlock alternate costumes for the core 38 fighter roster.
- One DLC code is only available via pre-order at select retailers, which will enable gamers to receive free alternate costumes for the 12 extra fighters.
The game will also come with a number of PlayStation Vita-specific features. They include:
- Front touch screen, rear touch panel, and digital compass support.
- The ability for players to broadcast their character customizations and pick up the character customizations of other players via Near.
- “Ad-Hoc Fight Request” can be turned on to battle nearby SFXT Vita players.
- The ability to exchange replays with other SFXT Vita players after the fight.
- “Local Battle,” where four friends can face off against each other locally.
- “K.O. Monument,” a mode which enables players to view the K.O. Monuments that they’ve won from facing other players online.
- A Gallery mode where players can check out music, movies, sound effects, and voices.
- “AR Gallery Mode,” where players can take pictures of characters using augmented reality.
The above-listed features join features that have already been announced, such as cross-platform play and data transfer between the PS3 and Vita versions. Capcom isn’t done announcing SFXT Vita features, though — they continue to say that new features and “surprises” will be revealed prior to the game’s release.
To view the trailer that shows the game’s Vita-specific features, click on the video below:
To view a gameplay trailer for the game, click on the video below:
To view a second, slightly different gameplay trailer, click on the video below:
To view screenshots of the game, in addition to its box art, click on the Media Gallery below:
Will you be picking up the Vita version of Street Fighter X Tekken? Let us know in the comments!