Sony Talks gamescom: Media Molecule, Special Guest Working on “Unannounced Project”
Sony has detailed their gamescom 2012 presence, teasing an unannounced project as well as the fact that Media Molecule will be at the show.
The Sony press conference begins at 7.00pm CET/6.00pm BST/ 1.00pm EST on 14th August and will be live streamed online, as well as on Home, the PlayStation Official App and on the PlayStation Facebook. While they obviously didn’t fully detail the actual show itself – which is rumored to include 2 new game reveals and a slimmer PS3 – the company announced that immediately after the conference they’ll be hosting a panel discussion about the classic ‘games as art’ debate. The debate will include:
- Shuhei Yoshida, President, Sony Computer Entertainment Worldwide Studios
- Ian Dallas, Co-founder and Creative Director, Giant Sparrow (The Unfinished Swan)
- Kellee Santiago, Co-founder, thatgamecompany (Journey, Flower)
- Alex Evans, Co-founder, Media Molecule (LittleBigPlanet)
- Adam Volker, Moonbot Studio (Wonderbook: Diggs Nightcrawler)
- …and a special guest working on a currently unannounced project
We can’t wait to see what the unannounced project is, but it’s also interesting to hear that Medial Molecule are attending – perhaps we’ll see the reveal of one of their new IPs.