Sony (Finally) Unveils Super-Slim PlayStation 3 [Update: Launch Details Inside]
Just as everyone was expecting, Sony has unveiled the redesigned version of the PlayStation 3 during their Tokyo Game Show press conference. In the US, the console comes in two different flavors, a 500GB and 250GB version.
Here are all the details:
- 250GB – $269 (Uncharted 3/Dust 514 Bundle) – September 25th
- 500GB – $299 – October 30th
Europe and PAL Territories
- Flash Memory 12GB – 229 Euros, AUD $299.95, NZD $399.95 – October 12th (September 27th AU, October 18th NZ)
- 500GB – 299 Euros, AUD $399.95, NZD $519.95 – September 28th (September 27th ANZ)
- 250GB – 24,900 Yen – October 4th
- 500GB – 29,800 Yen – October 4th
It looks like those hoping for a significant price cut are out of luck. Of course, Japan gets the console in both black and white, while gamers in North America will have to settle for just black. Does this redesigned model have you interested? Let us know by commenting below.
Be sure to keep it locked to PlayStation LifeStyle for additional updates from the event in Tokyo.