Biggest Failure of 2012 Award
Winner: Call of Duty: Black Ops Declassified
There’s one PSLS award that no one wants to win – the biggest failure of 2012. With the Vita struggling to sell at launch, all focus was turned to Call of Duty: Black Ops Declassified – an exclusive version of the generation’s biggest franchise – and Sony and Activision did their utmost to fuel that hype. But Declassified was an unmitigated disaster, a true insult to game development that had a terrible singleplayer and shoddy multiplayer.
Declassified should never have been released and only served to tarnish the Vita’s reputation as the gamer’s handheld.
- Sony Marketing
- Medal of Honor Warfighter
- Games Journalism
- Resident Evil: Operation Raccoon City
- Resident Evil 6
- Square Enix’s continuation of XIII
- Sony’s share price
- PSN maintenance
- The Vita’s sales
- Games Churnalism
- New PSN Store
- The closure of Zipper, Sony Liverpool and Bigbig
- Sony’s loss of contracts with LightBox, Eat Sleep Play
- The economy
- Bethesda’s PS3 Skyrim support
Keep locked to PSLS all day for the run up to the big GOTY award.