All Skyrim DLC (Yes, ALL) Will Come to the PS3 in February, 50% Discount Offered for First Week, Update v1.8 Also Coming
The wait is nearly over PS3 owners! Bethesda has announced today that all of the DLC for The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim is currently planned to come to the PlayStation Network in February.
Though a firm date wasn’t given for the three pieces of content, we do know that it will be a staggered release, with Dragonborn arriving first, Hearthfire second, and Dawnguard third. Prior to Dragonborn hitting the PSN, title update 1.8 will be released, meaning that your copy of Skyrim will get quite a workout in February.
Also, in what can only be taken as an apology for taking so long to come to PS3, all of the DLC will be 50% off during launch week. If the pricing holds true to the Xbox 360 version, you’ll pay $10 each for Dragonborn and Dawnguard during their first week, with Hearthfire running you $2.50.
In case you aren’t fully up to date with what each pack brings, check this out:
- Choose Your Land: Choose from property in the salt marshes of Hjaalmarch, the forests of Falkreath, or the vast tundra of The Pale. For the more ambitious landowner, purchase multiple plots and start building a real estate empire.
- Customize Your Home: Expand your home with a variety of room combinations including an armory, alchemy tower, kitchen, trophy room and more. Grow plants in your new greenhouse, cultivate slaughterfish in the fish hatchery, house your Arcane Enchanter in the enchanting tower, or display your latest conquest in the trophy room. Add additional features like stables, mills, smelters, gardens and more.
- New Objectives and Interactions: Guard your home from unwanted visitors like marauding kidnappers, armed bandits, and skeever infestations. Turn almost any follower into your personal steward to improve and protect your home. Or if you require more help, hire a personal bard or carriage driver to ease the burdens of home ownership.
- Adoption: Transform your house into a home with Hearthfire’s all-new adoption system. Adopt children and discover new ways to interact with your family. Play games with the kids, allow them to have pets and gain new bonuses from having a family.
- New Weapons, Armor, Spells and Shouts: Join the Dawnguard and wield all new crossbows and craft your own arrows, bolts, and Dragonbone weapons. Use new weapons, armor, spells and shouts, including the Soul Tear shout – that rips the souls from your enemies and turns them into your minions.
- Become a Vampire Lord: Side with the vampires and become a Vampire Lord yourself. Hover across the ground, turn yourself into bats, levitate your enemies as you drain their life, and more. The Vampire Lord features its own upgradable perk system.
- Werewolf Perks added: Playing as a werewolf now has its own upgradable perk system including Bestial Strength, Animal Vigor, and Savage Feeding.
- New Locations and Creatures: Choose from two new fortresses to upgrade and call home, Castle Volkihar or Fort Dawnguard. Discover lost valleys and travel to a new realm of Oblivion, the Soul Cairn. Battle new creatures including Death Hounds, Gargoyles, Armored Trolls, and all new vampires and dragons.
- Explore Beyond Skyrim: Leave the province of Skyrim and travel to the coastal island of Solstheim. Encounter the Dark Elven settlers of Raven Rock and the native Skaal, as you unravel the mystery of a Dragonborn’s return.
- Become the Ultimate Dragonborn: Harness the power of the Voice as you face off against the first Dragonborn. Wield new shouts and spells including Dragon Aspect – allowing you to summon the inner power of a dragon to deliver colossal blows and strengthen other shouts.
- New Powers: Discover dark powers as you journey into a new Daedric realm. Collect books of forbidden knowledge and choose new paths for your skills and abilities.
- New dungeons, creatures, weapons, and more: Suit up in Bonemold and Chitin armors and wield Stalhrim weapons as you navigate through a myriad of dungeons. Battle formidable foes like Ash Spawn, Rieklings, and more.
Will you be getting any of the DLC? Or is it too little, too late? Let us know in the comments below.