LittleBigPlanet Karting Patch 1.10’s DLC Cross Compatibility Out Later Today, Feature Was “Massively More Difficult to Execute” Than Expected
When the PlayStation Store updates later today, the feature found within patch 1.10 for LittleBigPlanet Karting that adds DLC Cross Compatibility will go live, allowing you to bring your many DLC costumes from the various LittleBigPlanet games into the kart racer for free. This also means that any future DLC costumes you buy will be unlocked across the games automatically.
You may remember that this was planned to release many months ago, something that Michael Buffaloe, Community Coordinator of LittleBigPlanet Karting, addressed:
You’re right. And we apologize. Due to issues far beyond our control, this feature ended up being massively more difficult to execute on than we anticipated. I’m not saying it’s okay – it isn’t – but we’re still massively excited about finally being able to bring this feature to you. I hope you still enjoy it!
If you’re wondering about 1.10 and what it changed, here’s all the patch notes:
- DLC Cross-Compatibility support
- Numerous online fixes (stability, connection quality, and other online issues)
- Significant improvements to Track Studio (stability, consistency, and tool-related issues)
- Sequencer and Weaponator improvements (usability, functionality, and consistency)
- Further Story Mode improvements (control inconsistencies, functionality issues, etc)
- Many miscellaneous bug fixes (text errors, display bugs, input glitches, etc)
Are you going to play some LittleBigPlanet Karting today with any of your previously downloaded costumes? Let us know in the comments below.